What size inflator hose do I need?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

thebird36

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I need to buy an inflator hose and I don't have plans of buying a BCD at the moment what size length inflator hose should I buy?

I most often recommend and sell a 22 inch. Seems to work with most BC's. Althoug it will be too long for some wings. And if you get a rental BC with an air two or similar device it likely won't work. They require a special fitting.

I was thinking of just renting a jacket style would the 22in fit most jacket style?

The location of the inflator will vary from one manufacturer to another. I suspect that a 22" LPI hose will be too short for many conventional jacket BCDs. A 22" hose or even shorter is more common with a BP/W setup where the inflator is kept fairly high on the chest so it does not interfere with anything that is clipped off on the left chest D-ring. Why don't you check out the hose lengths on gear where you rent your BCD. I suspect you will find LPI hoses in the 26 to 28 inch range. And, if and octo/inflator is involved, They will probably run 28 to 30 inched.

i plan to have a 2nd reg for an octo rather than the octo inflator, but I'll have to check at my LDS for length on a BC because I'm going away and renting a BC so I can't check there at the moment

a little long is better than too short....

Back
Top Bottom