What size booster for 80s?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sea_ledford

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
I'm looking for a portable option for a booster for tanks up to AL80 size. We already have a Haskel mini for the ccr bottles, but looking at a second booster for redundancy, so I figured Id look into a larger one that could be used for bailouts as well. This will be used for remote field operations, and if the boosters fail, we are out $10's of thousands. Not looking for budget option, but durability/field serviceability is key. Probably will stick with Haskel, but not necessarily married to them.

I don't even know what number to look for in spec sheets to determine what size of booster does what. Displacement? What sort of values should I be looking for?

air driven boosters use a stupid amount of air. We couldn’t drive ours with 35CFM on the Spree. Will you have electricity?

air driven boosters use a stupid amount of air. We couldn’t drive ours with 35CFM on the Spree. Will you have electricity?
We were driving the mini off an electric mobile compressor last week, so long as we have 220, should be good to go for that one. Output on the compressor is only 3.7 cfm though.

Is there a reasonably sized electric booster? The only one I have experience with was the size of a dining table. We should have good power though. Looking at either commercial dive boats supported by Teichman Marine or possibly some NOAA vessels if we can schedule time. Both run ROV ops, so power should be plentiful.

We were driving the mini off an electric mobile compressor last week, so long as we have 220, should be good to go for that one. Output on the compressor is only 3.7 cfm though.

Is there a reasonably sized electric booster? The only one I have experience with was the size of a dining table. We should have good power though. Looking at either commercial dive boats supported by Teichman Marine or possibly some NOAA vessels if we can schedule time. Both run ROV ops, so power should be plentiful.
Need oxygen or air or both?

I had a Masterline electric booster on Spree. Model 7000-A2, with a 6 station fill whip. Fine for Oxygen and Helium, minimum suction pressure is 300 PSI.

1690397339350.png

The heart of a Masterline is a Sierra 2 stage booster. I say the heart, Masterline used to take a Sierra and O2 ready it for O2 use. Do not use a Sierra for Oxygen.

1690397386761.png

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom