What regulator do you lust after?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I will keep my MK17 EVO, as they are proven regulators both in cold and warm waters

I'd like to see a Titanium Mk2. The Mk2 is still a popular regulator, so the market might be there. In Titanium it would be even more bulletproof and lightweight.

I'd like to see a Titanium Mk2. The Mk2 is still a popular regulator, so the market might be there. In Titanium it would be even more bulletproof and lightweight.

I would not describe it as lust but a titanium Mark 2 Evo would catch my eye.

What reg set do you lust for?
It doesn’t have to be practical or make sense.

Currently, I have a lot of old Scubapro metal regs and some old conshelfs with metal 2nds.
Those are my workhorse regs.

I used to lust after double hose regs and dived one for quite some time then got over it.
I suppose if I could get my hands on a Royal Aquamaster in perfect divable condition, not converted or molested into something it’s not supposed to be, that would be fun (I’m a purist). That would be pretty lust worthy.
I thought about a Kraken at one point but just wasn’t feeling it.

Lately though I’ve been lusting after poseidons. I don’t know why I just am. Probably because parts are available and they are Swedish, plus they look cool. I heard they are very high quality, reliable, and well thought out.

I used to lust after Atomics, and they are nice regs, but getting parts and hearing about what a PITA they are to fill with goop and what a mess they are, no thanks. If I’m going to dive pistons I’ll just stick to my Scubapro’s.
New Scubapro doesn’t do anything for me nor does any of the newer Apeks knockoff brands available on the internet.

The only other new reg that piques my attention and gives me feelings of regulator lust is a brand new Conshelf 14 with all metal 1085 second stages available only from a commercial supplier. It would be cool to have a classic reg that’s brand new. Plus they are difficult to obtain so this makes me want it even more.

I have what I lust for in my 1st model Telna 2100, chrome finish all brass second on an Oceanic FDX10 1st stage. I have a supply of newly made pilot lever gaskets and main diaphragms to last for another 50 years.

Have you seen the MK11T?

It's sweet.

Have you seen the MK11T?

It's sweet.
I have one. It's a jewel. But it's a totally different animal.
I like the Mk2 because it's so simple and straightforward. I like the inline radial hose layout. But it's heavy. In Titanium it could probably chug on forever.

I have one. It's a jewel. But it's a totally different animal.
I like the Mk2 because it's so simple and straightforward. I like the inline radial hose layout. But it's heavy. In Titanium it could probably chug on forever.
Truth.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom