What printer you use

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Most new printers these days do good photo printing - Epson printers are probably the cheapest on ink refills! I have an Epson 890C - it's excellent. If you want all your pictures the same size then maybe outsourcing is the way to go. I print different sizes - one of this, one of that - often different sizes as well so I use my printer a lot!

Stingray81888:
Just wondering for all the digital photographers what type of printer you use.

:cheeky:
Me: HP Stylus 7550

We use an Epson Stylus Photo 1280. Gives us photo-quality pics on everything up to about a 14" x 17".

Epson Photo 925when I need it quick, but I go to Costco when I have more time to print.
Beep

Epson 925. I tried taking them somewhere for printing once, but they were terrible. The blues were black and the greens were gray. I added captions to a couple photos and they were partially cut off, visible but unreadable. I had to re-print everything at home. I now print whatever I want at home, to heck with taking them out.

I've got an Epson 1280. Outstanding quality except in one very frustrating area. When I layer colors in in Photoshop (add reds to non-strobe deeper pics) the pics print out with overly red hues despite looking "correct" on the monitor. I've done the Gamma thing with the monitor, etc, all without success. All other photos (strobe, non-layer corrected, etc.) print out great.

Agree with everyone on outsourcing. Thought it would so cool not to pay the $10 for enlargements until I spent $70 for replacement color cartridges.

Anyway, using the Epson Stylus Photo R300. Has multiple cartridges so don't have to buy whole new cartridge when you run out of one color.

Does great on 4x6 but 8x10 pixelize some. Great to put on the wall if you don't look to close.

Once great thing is that when I scan on old photo on my HP 4570C and use the software, the color is better than the original. Great for savng older photos or making CD's of existing pictures.

And yes, I am a techno nut and love toys.

Stingray81888:
Just wondering for all the digital photographers what type of printer you use.

:cheeky:
Me: HP Stylus 7550

Hi all,
I got myself an HP 7960, gives me fantastic prints right up to A4 (29 x 21cm). Cant complain at all. Found a couple of good net suppliers for cartridges and Bob's your uncle.
Would recommend the printer completely.

Scubapauly

I use an Epson 2200 and I love the printer. I agree with DEE regarding the expense (dont view printing at home a cost savings proposition) but my COSTCO is a 25 min drive and there is not much they will do except a straight print of the 8/10 digital file you give them on disk. If you want instant gratification and the ability to play with your photos at home then the extra expense of this printer is well worth it. Note: If you are interested in bulk 4x6 then this printer is more than you need. If you want 8/10 to Super B (13/19) then the 2200 is the way to go.

---Bob

I have a Canon S820 and a Epson Stylus Photo 820 both of which are a couple years old. I got the Canon on sale and actually bought a spare for cheaper than the cost of 6 ink cartridges. I like both, but prefer the Canon a little more since it has individual ink tanks which saves a little bit on consummables.
One think though - with either of these printers, you must be sure to use Canon or Epson paper - they will not print well on other types of papers. Watch for sales on paper - I've bought a lot of "buy one - get one free"....

Back
Top Bottom