What piece(s) of dive gear do you collect too many of?

What piece(s) of dive gear do you collect too many of?

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You need another choice for tanks. Tanks and regs are the two big ones.
Totally agreed. That’s the one I would have picked. At least with tanks, I don’t usually lose money buying and selling them. Unlike regs, where I do.

I just sold my personal set of Sherwoods (plus service kits) as a doubles set for a diver making his way into tech. It will cost me almost as much to get another set built up to replace them. I don’t care: that’s one less set in my inventory. And that’s a good thing. :)

ETA: The *real* “too many” item for me is hoses. I must have enough hoses to build up a dozen secondary-donate recreational sets. But I had to buy several tech-length hoses to build up the set to replace the ones I sold.

Hoses. I have at least 20 extra hoses of every imaginable length except what I need. Myflex, rubber, high pressure, low pressure, they all are either too long or an inch too short.

Hoses. I have at least 20 extra hoses of every imaginable length except what I need. Myflex, rubber, high pressure, low pressure, they all are either too long or an inch too short.

Oh dang. You mentioned hoses!! Why did you do that?! I cringe at how many hoses I have in various tubs in the garage. Seriously, no clue where they all came from!!

Bungee and spools with line. Just in case (what case, I am not sure).

Last time I was in Cave Country, I went into EE with my children. And as I was walking in I said out loud, “I’m not gonna buy any more spools. I’m not going to buy any more spools. I’m not going to buy any more spools.“

Of course I left there with a Defender Pro.

In my defense, at least it was in a size I didn’t actually have…

Do I have a lot of boltsnaps? Yes. Do I believe there is such a thing as too many bolt snaps? No.

For me, it's tanks. I have more than I need already, most need a vis, more than 1 are out of hydro. And yet, when I see another sweet HP100 for under $300 I reeeally think about it.

Good thing they reproduce while sitting alone in the basement, or I might have spent a lot of money on tanks by now.

For me, it's tanks. I have more than I need already, most need a vis, more than 1 are out of hydro. And yet, when I see another sweet HP100 for under $300 I reeeally think about it.

One NEVER passes up a sub-$300 HP100. Ever.

For me it is BP/Ws (2 plates, 2 STAs, 4 wings currently), regs (7 currently, not all being used), fins (4.5 pairs), and bolt snaps (lined upon hanging on the shelf in the garage ready to use ... where do they all go???!!).
No problem I can see.
I really thought I had a problem until I read the rest of these posts.

Thank you, all, for making me look like I have self-control.
My thoughts exactly, I don't feel so bad.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom