What piece(s) of dive gear do you collect too many of?

What piece(s) of dive gear do you collect too many of?

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Right now, bolt snaps.
But I am actively looking into buying more BCDs, lights, regs, exposure protection. Of course, I will not get rid of existing items within each category.

Dive Knives.

Every time I buy one I think "This is the one, the one that I will love" Then I see the newest dive knife that just out, and son of a gun if it isn't even better. :)

(and knives are cheap enough so that I can buy multiple) :)
=C=

I'm positive NO ONE will post this item,,but us harvesters are a bit crazy.
I collect too many of my Broken lobster loopers. They cost $45 each and I 'consume' about half a dozen each year. It's just a cost of doing business. There's a middle stiff wire wrapped by 7 smaller outer wires to make up the loop wire. After catching alot of bugs, that middle wire breaks similar to you bending a paper clip back and forth multiple times. Once it breaks, the loop wire loses it's perfect round shape and therefore it takes you 2-3 times as long to angle it around the bug's tail to capture it. Deep underwater, we all know 'Time is not on your side' and that $300 expense is tiny compared to the results I produce weekly. I should put these in the garbage instead of hanging them up.................

20230929_092937.jpg

Other. All of the above plus more. Except boltsnaps. Can't ever have too many boltsnaps.
Other than exposure suits, I think I have enough for at least 6 full sets of gear. Regs, BCs/wings, tanks, masks, fins, lights, miscellaneous spares in the toolbox.
But never seem to have just the right widget that I need at any given moment in time.

I really thought I had a problem until I read the rest of these posts.

Thank you, all, for making me look like I have self-control.

I don’t want think about it to much but probably don’t have to many bolt snaps.

Pretty much all of those things.

Back
Top Bottom