What operating system would you run dive computer software on?

Which operating system would you like to run dive computer software on?

• Linux

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mac OS X

Votes: 7 100.0%
  • UNIX

• Windows

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubadiver888

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
I'm curious to know what operating system you would use to install dive computer software. This poll is for anyone. If you don't have a dive computer, what desktop operating system would you use for the dive computer software, if you bought one tomorrow?

If you own a Mac OS X or Linux computer and use something like Vmware to run Windows software but would like to run the software on your native OS, tell me what your native OS is.

If you own more than one operating system, tell me which OS you want to run your dive computer software on.

TIA,
Darrell

Ummm, I wouldn't, but in the real world I would expect Windows ought to be one of the choices? And not Linux twice?

Ummm, I wouldn't, but in the real world I would expect Windows ought to be one of the choices? And not Linux twice?

:confused:

Doh. The second Linux was supposed to be Windows. I cannot seem to edit it or even close the poll so I'm going to post the message again. Anyone who has replied already, I'm sorry, could you reply again to the new thread.

:shakehead:

Do you mean the logging software? Cause I wouldn't run the actual computer on any of those OS's. I might use the the linux kernel for the actual computer, maybe.

Yes, I meant the logging software.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom