What Op does more than 2 dives a day in the Keys?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

reefman:
diverscity in tavernier have daily 3 tank trips. also try island ventures in key largo.

reefman
key largo

Barb and Bob from Divers City are the place to go for 3 tank dives in the Upper Keys (many operations do both morning and afternoon 2 tankers including Conch Republic, HMS Minnow and Quiescence - my other favs).

While Divers City takes on divers from newbies to tech they certainly are on of the top choices for experienced divers in the Keys. Once they know your experience, they will give you total freedom as long you show safe diving practices and follow the rules of the boat - their boat (30' Island Hopper) is the cleanest in the Upper Keys.

The first divers booked pretty much get to call the trip location (pending weather) and I have booked the entire boat many times for special trips including twilight dives and Daune night dives.

webhead:
Have you been on this boat? Is he tech diver/rebreather friendly? I'd like to get a dive together in early Sept to do the wrecks of Key Largo. Probably be a mix of OC and rebreathers divers, some with scooters. Any feedback on his operation is appreciated.

Yes, I have dived with Steve a bit. He is cool with anything (tech, deco, spearing, artifacting, etc.).
The one issue with the boat is deployment/recovery. He has railing around the perimeter of the boat, and the way to get on/off is via a platform between the outboards. Nice setup for most conditions, but if you are diving in current and trying to splash a team of divers together, it is difficult. Great for recreational dives, or tech dives with little/no current where you can take your time getting in the water.
Trying to find some pics of our trips with him but don't have too many topside ones. However, last July 4th weekend we did Miami one day, Ft. Lauderdale for a couple, and then up to West Palm Beach. OC and CCR. Pics from those dives can be seen here:
http://uwex.us/070405.htm

MsParamedic:
Silent World will do whole boat charters...and if you are willing to dive during the week--you can save some money. :)

I second Silent World, you can save a lot if you buy one of the 1/2 day packages. :D You will be able to get in 4 tanks a day, if you do 2-1/2 day trips. I did a 5-1/2 package+1 night dive in a just a few days with them just a few months back and I would do it again. Nothing by diving for a few days while in Key Largo.

HappyFunBoater:
No problem.

BTW, did I ever mention how GREAT the diving is in The Keys? Water temp is mid-80's, vis is >60ft, and evenings are full of dining and drinking.

But I promise not to mention that for at least another few minutes. :wink:

USUK! LOL...

FYI... His email address is invalid... returned undeliverable.

webhead:
Steve can be found on spearboard. He hangs there most days

webhead:

I have not had any problems with it lately. Regardless, I believe he is in Cay Sal this weekend with some friends - leave him a message on his cell and he will call you back...

Thanks. Will do.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom