What one piece of equipment would you take under water besides the basic scuba rig?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

This is a fun question.

I won't dive without a buddy, so I guess that's my first answer.

Between the two of us, I think we need to have at least one depth and time measuring device, so that's the second item.

But third would be my can light. That's the number one thing outside of what I view as my basic minimum to dive at all. I love my light. It's my communications device, my emergency locator beacon, and my search modality for the sea life I go down to see.

Sea Hawk Knife, SK-7 wrist mount compass, and 1 sealed foil packet of glucose gel in case of hypoglycemia (15mg).

A Suunto computer. Don't leave home without it! ;-) I've tried every dive computer out there and have been using Suunto products for the last 8 years with NO problems. I have 4 Vypers and only one went bad after about 2000 dives. I boxd it up, Fed EXed it to finland and they Fed EXed a new back, no questions asked.

the sexy chic in the KISS RB advertisement...

on the other hand...

The basic gear. Funny what I bring down is the basic gear..no frills.

Compass, spare mask, two cutting tools, bottom timer, watch, and all the oteh rthings to sustain life under water. It is the basic configuration when your doing it the right way.

nereas:
It can estimate your depth by looking up at the surface.

Lucky. I couldn't see the surface when I was at 10' this Saturday.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom