What model is this regulator??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You're not missing anything, just seeing more dive shop obfuscation.

The truly absurd thing about this thread is that a dive shop representative and SP dealer has posted that there is an apparent safety problem with one of SP's regulators that makes that regulator unfit for servicing. Claiming that the part of the case that holds the diaphragm in place can "break away" is definitely a safety issue, correct? Yet there is no safety recall and nothing but evasiveness when questioned about what a customer who owns this regulator should do.

This from the same company and dealer network that refuses to sell parts to customers out of supposed concern for their safety.

The head of the nail squarely hit.

Couv, I am not trying to argue with you but customer service is dead

No argument with you nor Shurite either. LDS's are left as piggy in the middle by ScubaPro. However, If I were a SP dealer, I would be able to answer the question that keeps getting evaded.
... what is SP's policy on the matter?

As a customer, if I went into my LDS and they hunched their shoulders or became evasive when posed that question, I would quickly become a former customer.

Yes, customer service has taken a serious downturn-but with the help of social media, word can quickly spread on which businesses to patronize and which ones to avoid.

Since several people are bulking, I called SP for additional info, even though I have no real reason to do so for a forum.

If an individual brings in Air1 along with proof of original ownership (don't bulk about people not keeping receipts because I do know of people who do, although I'm not one of them) he/she will be informed it cannot be serviced. What Scubapro will offer is an upgrade to the 600 series, at a discounted price. If you want specific details on this you will need to go into an LDS for the information, because I am not going to type it all out.

Appreciate the answer, cheers. If I don't want to be involved in a thread I simply don't post. Sharing of information is one of the main points of SB as I see it. Anyway, thanks for the info, it's helpful.

@shurite7 Thank you for your answer and for helping me with my bulk.

Appreciate the answer, cheers. If I don't want to be involved in a thread I simply don't post. Sharing of information is one of the main points of SB as I see it. Anyway, thanks for the info, it's helpful.

@shurite7 Thank you for your answer and for helping me with my bulk.

You are welcome.

Back
Top Bottom