What "miscellaneous stuff" not to forget when packing for a dive trip!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

alcina:
If we're talking uw photo, skip the cotton buds. Those are just begging to leave one teeny fibre on your kit. Check out the sponge tipped applicators used for makeup and the like. Cheap, variety of sizes and shapes and don't leave lint.

I'm pretty minimalist when I travel so don't have much more to add.

Maybe a powerboard.

Sorry to ask: What is a powerboard??

Thanks!

Jacques

I always bring lens cleaning wipes, the ones individually sealed. I use them to clean the lens, o-rings, and contact surfaces for the o-ring on the case. Works great. I also lube the o-rings by putting them in a zip lock with grease in it, just add a little more as needed. I always get a light, full coat of grease and my fingers stay clean!

jgl51:
Thanks for all the feedback until now.

My question was not well phrased. I am interested only by accessories related to UW photography which may be needed to keep the system in good working orders during the trip (e.g. liveaboard).

To help focus, here what I already have on my list:

- camera (!)
- Housing
- Spare O-ring
- Lube for O-ring
- Rechargeable batteries and charger, with plug adapter
- Memory card
- Dessicant
- Strobe
- Connection cable

(II amy or may not take PC depending on final weight!!).
What have I forgotten??

Thanks and happy bubbles to all!
I carry two chargers (three actually). One for the camera battery (which can also be charged in camera) and two AA, just in case one dies.

So people have posted quite a bit here... couple they might have missed:

* PowerSentry Power Squid Plug Multplier... 5 port for $10

If you can't take a PC, you can at least take something to dump your pictures to:

* for canon or olympus use the Apple iPod Camera Connector M9861G/B
or the Apple M9861G/A iPod Camera Connector
* for media cards use Belkin F8E461 Media Reader with Dock Connector

Small dry bag or dry case for all the accessories so you can have them close at hand (eg. on deck) and not worry about dirt and water so much.

Ron Brandt:
Apart from what everyone else on here has suggested...Your Passport!
Also,C-cards and your logbook.

Ron

And Photo Copies of everything, incase of loss or theft.

Definitely bring a copy of your c-card - Have seen people lose their c-card and then struggle to get the info from the agency in time.

Also, a spare battery for your dive computer if need be. I went to Fiji and had my battery die before dive 2. The local shop did not stock my size battery, but FORTUNATELY another well-versed diver had a spare - not even a size he personally used. He just kept the spare for such an occasion. He really saved my whole trip.

Definitely a backup battery for the camera. A little 1oz jar of silicone is good for the camera o-ring.

Nowadays lots of resorts have computers. Bring a 12in1 card reader and a Jump drive. You can move photos onto the jump drive to clear your memory card on the surface intervals.

The advantage to a 12in1 (or simlar reader) is also that if others are taking photos, you can put them on your jump drive as well. It is a pretty cool thing to offer other divers.

Back
Top Bottom