What "miscellaneous stuff" not to forget when packing for a dive trip!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jgl51

Contributor
Reaction score
Based on your experience what "small stuff" should one take on a dive trip to take care of the UW equipment.

For example:

- Silicon for O-ring
- Cotton buds
- Spare Dessicant bags

Anything else (beyond the camera, housing and batteries....)??

Thanks to all in advance.

if going to another country, a thingy (thats the technical term btw :wink:) to plug into the wall for the battery charger/electricity

Chap-Stick

the K

I recheck my save-a-dive, make sure the wrenches haven't disappeared. Never had to change my own hoses on a trip, but I have had to lend them to friends.
I also stock bonine and Sudafed, plus ear dry (SwimEar or any of the generic store brands do fine -- just read the ingredients) -- helpful when doing lots of dives.

All of the above plus:

Insect repellent
towel- the chammy (sp) ones are awesome
less clothes than you think you need :D
snacks
I take an extra reg
zip ties
lights
batteries
glowsticks

Lots more that I just can't think of right now

Thanks for all the feedback until now.

My question was not well phrased. I am interested only by accessories related to UW photography which may be needed to keep the system in good working orders during the trip (e.g. liveaboard).

To help focus, here what I already have on my list:

- camera (!)
- Housing
- Spare O-ring
- Lube for O-ring
- Rechargeable batteries and charger, with plug adapter
- Memory card
- Dessicant
- Strobe
- Connection cable

(II amy or may not take PC depending on final weight!!).
What have I forgotten??

Thanks and happy bubbles to all!

If you don't bring your PC, and your camera has a video output, be sure to bring a cable with an RCA (video) plug. Even if you don't have a TV in your room with a video input, there is generally one in the lobby, bar, etc. that you can use to review the pix and dump the total losers.

Spare memory cards
Backup media, (pen drives, portable hard drive, Cd's etc) make sure that you can use it at your destination.
Spares for your strobe
Camera Manual (for that think you know it can do but can't rememebr how)
Insurance documentation

Laptop to download pics to between dives? Don't lose the whole trip if you have a flood....

Maybe some lens wipes to clean inside of port or lens of fingerprints in case of silicone smears during assembly, etc.

DAN or other equipment insurance card?

Retractor or lanyard to hook housing to BCD?

If we're talking uw photo, skip the cotton buds. Those are just begging to leave one teeny fibre on your kit. Check out the sponge tipped applicators used for makeup and the like. Cheap, variety of sizes and shapes and don't leave lint.

I'm pretty minimalist when I travel so don't have much more to add.

Maybe a powerboard.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom