What kind of gloves?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

divemastercpas

Registered
Reaction score
repentigny,outside of montreal,quebec,canada
# of dives
100 - 199
first of all i would like to thank whites, because i bought a nexus 3 a month ago, and on my first dive i came out soaking wet. i returned the dry to my lds and even before whites received it they sent me a brand new one. i tried it in my pool and i came out dry.:D
Now the only problem i have is my bare 5mm glove and my oceaner 3 fingers mitt dont fit because they are to long.
what kind of glove would fit on my dry?

first of all i would like to thank whites, because i bought a nexus 3 a month ago, and on my first dive i came out soaking wet. i returned the dry to my LDS and even before whites received it they sent me a brand new one. i tried it in my pool and i came out dry.:D
Now the only problem i have is my bare 5mm glove and my oceaner 3 fingers mitt dint fit because they are to long.
what kind of glove would fit on my dry?

You might want to see if you have a dive shop near you that carries SeaSoft products. I have SeaSoft TI Edge & TI Pro Edge gloves and they work fine with DUI dry suits. Both of these gloves models are 5 mm and have anatomically confirmed fingers. The difference between the TI Edge and the TI Pro Edge gloves is that the surface layer of the palm and the fingers is Kevlar for the Pro model.

Both are gauntlet type gloves so the top portion of the glove fits well whether the diver is wearing a dry suit or a wet suit.

Have you considered dry gloves? I just added a set to my Whites Fusion, I'm quite happy with them.

The dry gloves dont eliminate the seals, they just get added to them, if the gloves get punctured or even come off, you still have the wrist seal in place. Now you usually add some way to equalize the gloves, all I use is the thumb loops of the underwear to break the seal slightly, and when I jumped in the water without my drygloves on yesterday I just got very slightly damp wrists, nothing more.

Both my son and I use the Dry Concepts gloves on our Whites suits (Catalyst and a Nexus) and they work just fine. Either the loop from the MK "undies" (as Jimmer said) or a piece of bungie or something similar under the latex seal will allow air to get into the gloves.

It depends on the glove liner you use, but I find I have a lot more dexterity with a similar amount of exposure protection.

Tom

that souds interesting, but what about dexterity, are they not stiffer than neoprene gloves?

I find they are much LESS stiff than neoprene gloves. If you have a chance to try a set on, you'll see what I mean.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom