What kind of Black Friday deals should be expected?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

12:01 PM Thursday November 27th, Thanksgiving Day, officially. Due to family obligations I will be able to respond up until about 2 PM.

After that I am spending the day with family and not going to interrupt that. I plan to be on the computer and by the phone Friday morning by 9 AM.

Sale will run until midnight Tuesday December 2nd and all orders for this sale must be in before then. Payment must be received by noon Wednesday Dec 3rd.
So if you do need to go to the bank on Wednesday morning you have a few hours.:D

But I will be placing my order for anything I run out of or don't have in at 4 PM Wednesday. Everything will be listed on my specials page here: Welcome to UDM Aquatic Services

I'm also considering getting in some copies of my book to sign if you'd like to give that as a Christmas gift. I have a few on hand now. Takes about two weeks to get them in so pre-ordering is highly recommended to get one in time.

Im not sure about the HOGs I currently have 2 Zeniths 2nds, 1 Classic 2nd, 2 D1Cold Firsts, 1 D2Cold First and will probally be looking to order a setup for doubles during the black Friday sales. but may be able to get by with a singles set and use one of my stage regs for the other first stage. So no confidence in the Hogs AT ALL :wink:.

Quick q: I'm looking to purchase 2 complete regulator packages, perhaps something like:
Hog D1 Singles Regulator Package w/ SPG - Dive Right in Scuba

However I've not seen a package like this go on sale. Usually it's the individual regulators that go on sale from what I see today. Do most people just buy everything separately and get the hoses, etc. separately as well? Or do the specials for black friday on packages like these go up literally on Friday? Just wondering if anybody knew from previous years, thanks!

Quick q: I'm looking to purchase 2 complete regulator packages, perhaps something like:
Hog D1 Singles Regulator Package w/ SPG - Dive Right in Scuba

However I've not seen a package like this go on sale. Usually it's the individual regulators that go on sale from what I see today. Do most people just buy everything separately and get the hoses, etc. separately as well? Or do the specials for black friday on packages like these go up literally on Friday? Just wondering if anybody knew from previous years, thanks!

Message Mike from DRIS on this board at user name "Dive Right In Scuba". He will set you up on an epic deal for those, hoses and all, for a price you won't believe. I'm completely serious.

That's basically what I just pm'ed to check into as well. A set of 'everything' :) It seems there are probably more than a few of us looking to buy this black friday, if you find anyplace with a good deal on all that, let me know!

Can he/they put together a package with a bp/w, harness, and set of regs, hoses for single tank?

Putting a package together is easy. Depends on what you want and are willing to spend.

Not all sales are the same from year to year. I have seen advice being given to wait until Black Friday to buy to get this or that because it will be on sale like it was last year or in years past.

I fear some are going to be surprised both good and not so good. Dealers can only work with what they are given and what is available.

But it never hurts to call or email. Some items can be worked with more than others when it comes to price.

I'm always disappointed with scuba Black Fridays; stores usually just treat it as a chance to get rid of the inventory they can't sell (regulators and drysuits that are last year's model, or aren't popular, etc) by pitching it as a super once-a-year chance to save big. Like Hollis D212/DC3 reg...that thing has been on sale for $200 for over a year straight now, and shops can't get people to buy it, so without even changing the price they just list it as a big Black Friday deal to try and sucker in people to think they're getting a special bargain.

If there were black friday deals for Shearwater Petrel, and stuff people actually want, rather than the "junk" items (meaning that no one is buying them during the regular year, not that the gear itself isn't good) or items that were already discounted, it'd be way more exciting.

black friday was started to get rid of the current years stock so they could get room for the new stuff for Christmas time. Normal industry markup is 100%, that gives huge amounts of wiggle room for sales on normal gear. The Petrel you won't see for sale because the margins are much lower on that. That is why DRiS and and Cave Adventurers have the same prices on them as everyone else which miraculously coincides with Shearwaters MSRP. You should know the history and purpose of this sale before you say you're disappointed. Things like end of year sales, or Labor Day/Memorial day is more inline with encouraging sales during an otherwise slow time of year. Black Friday is busy regardless of sales or not due to Christmas season, they put them on sale to get rid of inventory from last year, not to promote sales in general.

Back
Top Bottom