What jewelry do you wear while diving?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

No jewlery good choice a ring is one of the worse grab something in the current and get the bottom of the ring hung and you could loose the ring or damage the ring finger. I cut my ring finger out of the water like that and have never wore one since. Jewlery is a filasing wounded fish without a hook.

I am rarely without earrings (pierced ears) and often wear bracelets, but I don't wear jewelry while snorkeling or diving because I'm afraid something piece of equipment will hang up on any dangly bit --just never seemed like a risk worth taking.
That being said, it never occurred to me (before I read this thread) that maybe I should take my gemless wedding band off on those days that I don't wear gloves. But it seems like a good idea --not EASY, as the ring has worn a groove in my finger-- but a good idea.

I always wear a gold fob necklace, or if I'm travelling somewhere where gold attracts attention, I'll wear my greenstone pendant instead.
I also wear gold dangly euroballs most of the time (sleep in them!), but because I dive with a hood, these are always covered up. Before I wore a hood though, I did have an overly friendly sandager wrasse launch itself at my earlobes a few times. Freaked me out!
No rings for diving. Dive watch firmly on wrist.

I wear inexpensive pearl earrings... however the saltwater has corroded the posts before in really cheap ones and left green gunk on my ears... My TAG watch, two toe rings, and my diamond wedding band (usually). These things never leave my body, so I don't really think about it. I'll sometimes wear a necklace if I've had one on the night before. I have left my wedding ring on my key-fob before, just depending on the kind of diving I'm doing, but I most definitely leave my engagement ring dry. I travel quite a bit and haven't have a theft problem, but I stay pretty casual on land and don't draw any attention to my jewelry, and only wear the basics. No shark/cudda problems either. All-in-all I feel more comfortable with my watch/rings being with me on my body or secured with me on a boat, than left in my car or in a hotel room.

I take my pandora bracelet and rings off.. unfortunately lost my most expensive pandora ring whilst out diving when it was in my bag which was annoying so maybe should've just kept it on :(

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom