What jewelry do you wear while diving?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yeah,
I wouldn't pick up the star, but it if called up on my hand while I was admiring my ring...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I wear some bracelets which can't come off (made of rope or leather) and one silver necklace with a manta which I never take off anyway. And my diving computer which I use as a watch regularly. I also have one ring in my upper ear which I cannot take out easily. I never experienced fish being attracted by them though.

I take it all off including my wedding ring. I have been attacked by enough fish and don't need to loose a finger. I did have a moray grab my finger just below my wedding ring once in Belize. Fortunately, it let go and all I had was a bunch of little pin pricks around my finger. Yep, I take them all off now. I even changed my yellow fins for black ones. I know fish are color blind.

I don't want anything to get entangled while diving,, so only stud earrnings

Did I mention before about the guy who had his ring finger devolved on the dive boat? It's just not worth it friends.

i try not to wear any for a couple of reasons.
1. barracudas love shinny things - we were reef diving and out of nowhere one comes popping out and goes for my buddy mask. I felt terrible. So no more earnings that shine for me.
2. im too afraid of losing something
3. it just getting snagged on my wet suit and breaking.
4. i cant wear my wedding rings - they get caught up in my gloves and oh boy thats a mess.

I just noticed the typo in my post from January. The diver had the skin on his ring finger degloved when his ring caught on a piece of the boat.

In the past month I have seen two divers lose their wedding rings...not the most fun thing you will have to tell your spouse.

If it is not needed, e.g. dive watch, than I wouldn't wear it unless you don't mind losing it.

Then there is also Chilly's point on safety.

Just my 2 cents... :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom