What is your opinion of this?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TimR:
As to Pat Robertson, I flat disagree with and most of the folks I know do as well. This has nothing to do with the Bible. Just Pat spouting off. Too bad because some people think he is a spokesman for Christians in general. He is not.
I think he's a poster child for those who don't believe in Intelligent Design ... :browsmile

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

I don't think I heard a peep out of Pat regarding the genocide in Rwanda. Anyway, it's people like Mother Theresa, who actually live the life of helping others with their own hands that I respect. I think it's great to use TV to raise money for people in need, if most of the money does indeed go to the cause.

Pat Robertson prayed away a hurricane a couple of years ago that was heading towards Virgina, he could do that, could'nt he?

H2Andy:
does anyone take Robertson seriously?

also, a note: while discussion of religion is ok in ScubaBoard, any discussion
of politics or nationalities is not.

http://www.scubaboard.com/faq.php?faq=tos_items#faq_scubaboard_tos

basically, i see the question as "do you agree with Robertson that God
punishes world leaders for not doing God's will?"

so how come Castro is still alive after all these years?

:wink:

God enjoys a good cigar as much as the next deity? :wink:

adurso:
Pat Robertson prayed away a hurricane a couple of years ago that was heading towards Virgina, he could do that, could'nt he?

where did he steer it to? New Jersey?

those poor buggers...

:wink:

I think Pat Robertson is one of the least Christian folks I'm aware of. If he truly believed in the Jesus of the Bible, I think he would stop being so judgmental of others and focus on his own imperfections (which appear to be numerous) and spend more time helping others instead of himself. Judgmental Christians are often very hypocritical in my experience. Then there are the true Christians who do not judge and are aware of their own errors.

For the record, I am neither.

I don't think God gave Israel to the "his people", I think he stuck them there. They may call it the "promised land" but it's not exactly a dive destination, there's no skiing, the surf sucks, they don't even have oil. If you ask me, the people who have moved to Southern California are the ones that have found the promised land.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom