What is your opinion of this?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tanked2.0:
So was God on vacation during the early 40's?
You may want to read "When Bad Things Happen to Good People" by Harold S. Kushner.

ElOrans, i think our point is that you can't attribute certain things and not
others to GOd

for example: God either punishes those who hurt Israel, or he does not.

if he does, then SHaron was smitten by God. but why wasn't Hitler? or the
guys who killed the Israeli athletes in Munich? and so on and so on

so, if he does, then he does it selectively, and how do we know which is which?

bottom line is, if Robertson truly understood "his GOd" he wouldn't ascribe
motives to things that happen. he would know that "his GOd" and only
"his God" knows what He is thinking or His motives, and wouldn't presume
to speak for Him.

i mean, Robertson is the guy who said that SOuth African appartheid was
ok; that the Russians had land missiles in Cuba in the 90's; that
we should assassinate Venezuela's president... and on and on...

the guy's credibility is not exactly high

The reason why I mention this book is that it states what I believe namely that God has given man freedom of choice and thus doesn't interfere in our lives directly.

Laurens

I haven't read all of this thread, but this is my opinion of Pat Robertson. He is a complete blithering idiot and may be experiencing some kind of demensia.

DennisW:
I haven't read all of this thread, but this is my opinion of Pat Robertson. He is a complete blithering idiot and may be experiencing some kind of demensia.

don't worry, Dennis, you don't need to read the thread to say that. :wink:

going to hijack my own thread - what was the bet Chip?

H2Andy:
does anyone take Robertson seriously?
Apparently so ... I mean, the money keeps flowing.

From Ministry Watch ...

Funding for domestic and international ministries is provided through donations ($90-$100 million annually) and by the income gained in the 1997 sale of Robertson’s publicly-traded International Family Entertainment (IFE) to media baron Rupert Murdoch. This sale brought Robertson more than $400 million net; $148 million to Regent University, $136 million to CBN, $109 million to the Robertson Charitable Trust – which pays out to CBN in 2010 or upon the death of Robertson or his wife Dede, whichever comes later. Robertson himself banked $19 million. IFE is now the ABC Family Channel, which per the terms of the sale, continues to broadcast The 700 Club each day. The majority of CBN’s income is spent producing and syndicating its U.S. television programming ($90 million per year). International outreach expense was $34 million in 2004, while approximately $11 million (total) was spent on counseling and prayer ministry, distribution of religious materials, and education and training. Operation Blessing is largely supported by gifts-in-kind (valuing $181 million in 2004), although operational expenses do total between $7 and $8 million annually.

Pat Robertson is a pompous arrogant fool. It is scary that people listen to this man and send him money. I guess according to Pat, Yigal Amir (the man who killed Yitzhak Rabin) was really doing God's work? Surely he will receive his reward in heaven.:D

tom yerian:
I believe we are living in,what they call, " The End Times " Wow, stand by every one, the ****'s gonna hit the fan pretty soon.get your diving in now, while you can!!...Capt Tom.

Are you aware that the writers of the Bible thought THEY were living in the "end times"??

Every generation romanticizes the past and thinks that the future is just dreadful. This time is no different.

I'm wagering that you have lots of good dive time left!

Back
Top Bottom