what is your favorite cold water wetsuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

henderson gold core 7/5 plus 5mm gold ore hooded vest. fit is perfect, and im am golden in cold water

My ScubaPre 7mm S-Tek streamer and a 5mm hooded vest work great. The suit fits me well, and has nice zippered, double seals at wrist and ankle that allow you to zip in the gloves and booties making a nice snug fit. As others have said, fit is most important, and my SP fits me well.

My wetsuit works great, but it is still a wetsuit. Those folks diving dry always looked so warm and toasty.... So I made the jump to dry last season, the wetsuit is going to see a lot more closet time. Do enough cold water wetsuit diving and you will eventually make the switch.

I have a basically new 7mm Akona full suit. I like it and have no complaints other than I have lost 150 pounds and it is now way too big. Need to replace it before spring. It has exactly 14 dives from last summer on it. 4xl If its your size let me know. I also have a 3mm Akona farmer john in a 5xl. About 6 dives in it.

I use a Henderson 7mil Hyperstreach with a Henderson Micropreen Skin underneath... The skin adds about a 30% insulation value... But My favorite is my dry suit

Henderson Gold Core 7mm. It is a darn good and cheaper than the new line, Instadry.

Drew1:
Ok, so i have been diving for a while, and I wanted to get a wetsuit. Remember, I live in New Jersey so it has to be a 7 mil. I have used the Henderson Hyperstretch and i liked it, but I wanted to know, what is your favorite cold water wetsuit and why?

Thanks,
Drew
My favorite 7mm isn't actually a 7mm, its Xcel's SCS tri-density. Nice stretchy material, thick, semidry design with integrated hood but still a bit pricey. FYI, I am selling a Harvey's Drysuit for someone, they want $500 for it. Thats the same price as the Xcel wetsuit.

Akona 6.5 Farmer Jon. Down to 42 degrees no problem. Hood, gloves and boots are also necessary

I use the Henderson 7/5 full suit. I have dove at Lake Mich, abd had no problem. Now diving in the Patuxent River in Md

Back
Top Bottom