What is your favorite bag / luggage?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm using iQ-Company SMART BAG 125.2 BITES and I do like it a lot.
as it can split out to be 2 bags, one main bag with wheels for my diving gears
and another bag for some fresh clothes..

pretty good choice for me.. =]

I use the Coleman Excursion II for my travel dive bag. 36 '" long....it is Fantastic bag that is bullet proof, extremely well made and designed. It is a roller duffel, weighs in at 10 lbs. Wheels for rolling are like in-line skate wheels. Tough 1800 denier polyester and heavy duty zippers. Better zippers than any dive bag I own or have owned.

Whats really cool is the design. There is the main compartment and underneath that is a drop bottom that zips and is absolutely perfect for a pair of fins or wetsuit. There is another compartment that folds inside itself that is meant to store shoes or boots. The main compartment is large..enough room for BC or BP/W plus anything else. I carry on my regs and computers for security, but I cant ever imagine needing more room than this bag offers. I also pack in a mesh boat bag for lugging around all my gear once at our destination. It has a telescoping handle that is zippered up and out of site, until you want to use it. But it also has a nice rugged hand grip you can use instead sewn onto the end of the bag. It is so convenient I never use the telescoping handle.

The bottom is reinforced , with some nice sturdy skid protection on the bottom and corners.

It also has a cool bungie system that when everything is packed, you can cinch it all up real easy.

The best thing....it cost $70. I'm floored that people pay $300 for a dive bag, and I'd put this bag up against any of them.

We bought two Coleman Excursions...one for each set of gear and after packing everything it comes in under 50 lbs....perfect! And thats with a BP/W, canister light, 3 mil wetsuit, and all the essentials.

Stahlsac Cozumel Cruiser. It doesn't have any 'STEAL ME' scuba logos on it.

Rig 9800 - Gear Bags - Power you can get 2 sets of gear and more only problem is you end up going over 50lbs. I put my wife's and I fins,boots,wetsuits,masks,bcds and log books and it is right at 50. Regs and computers go in a carry on.

I'm totally satisfied with my big duffel from the camping store. Cheap, sturdy, inconspicuous, doesn't take up any space on the boat.

For camera stuff, my Pelican case hasn't seen a lot of use since I got the Think Tank Airport Takeoff roller.

https://www.facebook.com/meilegacy

The MEI Voyaguer. I just received it, haven't packed yet, but by eyeing it, I'm pretty sure I will be able to fit all of my diving gear as well as my snorkeling fins. I'm only going to be diving for 3 days in the Florida Keys but staying for 9 days total. I plan to wear ALL THE CLOTHES I NEED onto the plane, use a fanny pack as my purse and my regulator case as my "personal item!" I will report back! Just one other thing -- MEI was simply FANTASTIC with costumer service. I started researching bags very late in the game, although my trip was only planned a month before travel. I wanted the bag in grey because it's less conspicuous than the other bags and I do plan to use it in the future when I (hopefully) travel to Thailand. I wrote them a note when I purchased the bag. They are very clear that there is a backlog on orders for this bag. Nonetheless, all I really said was, "I was so wishing to have this in time for my trip. I realize you are backed up, it's my fault. I'm going to purchase it anyway."

A rep immediately got back to me. I would had to wait for the grey, but there were other colors in stock. A week later I received my bag with 2 days left before my trip.

I highly recommend this bag and this company!!

As I said, I'll let you know how the bag works out.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom