What is wrong with my Worthington tank??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

hoosier:
Oh~~~~ NO......Please. I don't think any major providers are playing with that.... Maybe, it is being practiced in the third world though....

Kaplan Industries, who is the distributor of Faber cylinders under the name Blue Steel, may be the cause of this rumor. www.ThomasNet.com lists the following;

12. Kaplan Industries, Inc. - Maple Shade, NJ
Distributor, Service Company
Company Profile: New & Reconditioned Compressed Gas Cylinders, Tube & Cylinders To D.O.T. Specs., Rebuilt Compressed Gas Equipment; Rebuilders Of Oxygen Plants, Including Manufacturing, Distribution & Storage Systems.

Kaplan does sell refurbed tanks, but mostly on the industrial scale side. Like cascade size tanks. Which makes it nice if you want to get a cascade setup for your compressor and don't want to spend the big bucks on the big HP tanks. They do all have their original markings, and they are listed as refurbed tanks. It's just like buying used tanks from another diver, in a way. of course, Kaplan's probably a better bet on the quality of tank you're getting on any given day.

MDiverMD:
I have heard rumors that old cylinders that have no signs of fatigue, cracks, or internal corrosion but are only 'outdated'(?) are being recycled with new external cosmetics as new. Maybe you got one of those?

To replace the cap with the serial numbers and DOT identifications would take almost as much time as building a new tank, so theres no piont. It just wouldn't make sense plus if they got caught doing it, their liabilities would be enormours.

Its easier just to sell them as a reconditioned tank and be up front, about it if there still legal to dive with.

The backordered Worthington tank is finally in the market. Enjoy!!!

Hi Hoosier:
FYI: XS Scuba has not been out of stock of any of the 13 sizes of Wothington cylinders over the past few months. It's a rare situation when we can't ship steel cylinder orders complete with 1 - 2 days after receiving an order from our dealers.

hoosier:
The backordered Worthington tank is finally in the market. Enjoy!!!

hoosier:
The back ordered Worthington tank is finally in the market. Enjoy!!!

Dude you need a new LDS or discount dive store!looks like your getting the wait I will get more orders to get a better pricing deal dropshiped in!
I can get any WORTHINGTON ON MY DOORSTEP -2 DAYS FROM FLORIDA!
give old Barry a try next time,
www.divesales.com
if not he has a sweet tank chart for weights and comparisons! for most newer tanks made

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom