What is wrong with my Worthington tank??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It is good to hear that Lee took care of your problem. I am also waiting for my first Worthington tanks. Your case gives many confidences in my decision.

BTW, Lee, 130cf tank is still in backorder? As I recall, it is going to be shipped out on May 1st though.....

I have two Worthington hp 130's on order and I'm really happy the top shelf service I've just seen will come with them although it's hoped I never need it.

Good job! and nice work from a company that stands in front and behind their product!

Not to sound negative but would the end results have been the same if it wasn''t on the board? I would like to think that they would have.
In two years I have dealt with three manufacturers directly and all came out with wonderful results. Usually with very little or no questions asked. I didn't post any of my problems but did post the results.

Glad to see that the problem was taken care of since I am looking at a couple Worthington's for next dive saeason.

I have heard rumors that old cylinders that have no signs of fatigue, cracks, or internal corrosion but are only 'outdated'(?) are being recycled with new external cosmetics as new. Maybe you got one of those?

MDiverMD:
I have heard rumors that old cylinders that have no signs of fatigue, cracks, or internal corrosion but are only 'outdated'(?) are being recycled with new external cosmetics as new. Maybe you got one of those?

That would be serious and I question the truth behind it! Tanks are the ONLY REGULATED by governtment aspect of this sport and if caught the people doing it would face severe problems.

piikki:
Yikes, ok I am not obsessed anymore but I did walk past the tanks again, and now I noticed that there indeed are strap marks. Not on this wounded one but on the other one... Now, is this normal? No nicks or damage but like a whiter shade ring around the tank now that it is dry. This tank was as well rinsed in fresh water after the dive. All my other tanks have been painted, and I never experienced anything like this either... I am getting weirded out here...

I'll certainly post update.

strap marks are pretty normal.

you should see what tank bands do to doubles.

it just looks bad. actually with the galvanized coating sacrificial corrosion is normal and the tanks won't look pretty any more after you dive them.

not sure about the other tank that you posted the pic of, though, that does look a little bit odd...

No tank has ever been "re-cylcled" back into use in the diving industry to my knowledge. There are companies who re-furbish cylinders for use in other industries but these cylinders hold all the original stampings from their manufacturer's. To do otherwise would be a serious violation of D.O.T. regulations.

Lee
www.seapearls.com

MDiverMD:

Oh~~~~ NO......Please. I don't think any major providers are playing with that.... Maybe, it is being practiced in the third world though....

I think the dive shop wont like you very much...even if they dont show it.
They dont like pretty much anything.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom