What is the perfect SCUBA car?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yeah, with an RPG!

right now I have a chevy 1/2 ton crew cab 2wd pickup.. but considering one of the new toyota FJ Cruisers when I trade out.
They have water resistent seats.. good ground clearance 4wd for getting to the slightly out of the way places. and looks to be decent amount of storage space in the rear

SteveC:
Avalanche. Same thing with 1/2 the roof cut off.

Another vote for the Honda Element. I love mine! No carpet, easy to clean, holds four tanks and a small cooler perfectly even without folding up the back seats, lots of room on top of the tanks for gear. Plenty of room for four people to travel comfortably. Lots of leg room even in the back seats. Easy to get in and out of. The tailgate is the perfect height for me to gear up. Decent gas milage and all for about 20K.

Toyota FJ ... But I love my Jeep Wrangler

Cant say enough good things about the Honda Element. Hated them before I started dating my wife who had one and now after many dive trips and numerous other outdoor activities I absolutely love them. Inexpensive and durable.

PU - F150 - Topper.

2 kids plus me diving. Load it with camping gear, too and we have to leave things at home that won't fit.

I agree with the PU vs. the van from the stand point of cleaning it out, not keeping the interior wet, or foul smelling.

I assumed that serious scuba divers were, almost by definition, deeply committed to reducing environmental degradation, and, hopefully, mature enough to understand that it is their individual responsibility to reduce the extent to which they personally add to the problems of global warming, pollution, destruction of the reefs, etc.

I can't imagine owning a vehicle which burns up great quantities gasoline. There are many reasonable alternatives. Not using these alternatives, even when they are somewhat inconvenient, runs counter to both self-interest and moral responsibility.
I know that very young and/or very stupid divers often have a narcissistic self-centered perspective, with no thought beyond their immediate desires and appetites, but I'm still astounded by the seeming inability of some people to see the connections between what they do and the destruction of what they claim to love.

i think i would buy a tank just to piss this guy off ^^^^^

You miss the point, Jorbar. Totally. It's not about me. If you really want to piss me off, take a dump in your bathtub. Attta boy!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom