What is the perfect SCUBA car?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

"why are toyota tacoma's so expensive even when used?"

Because they are actually very high quality, very rugged, offroad capable, decent comfort, good gas mileage, good tow capability (6500 pounds) and they are made by TOYOTA.

I am green, recycling fossil hydrocarbons for a brighter, warmer future. My favorite recycling machine is my Boston Whaler, it is a fine dive vehicle as well and a very efficient hydrocarbon recycler. I sure miss the Cretaceous. N

ScottB:
Vehicles that tend to have good history with reliability, tend to retain their value higher, longer.

Or they have a great PR deal with Car & Driver, and CONsumer Reports......
I've owned 1 toy and it will be the last......

"There are many reasonable alternatives. Not using these alternatives, even when they are somewhat inconvenient, runs counter to both self-interest and moral responsibility."

---I get it, so we should all be driving the tiniest cars, right? What about Hybrid SUV's? Are you ok with those or that's not good enough because they have the mileage of a Honda Civic? Sorry, but we're not all environmentalists. Environmentalist are always fighting spear fishing, always trying to ban diving in certain parts, they almost prevented the sinking of the Oriskany. So I have no sympathy for them.

And by the way, I drive a Honda Accord which gets excelent mileage.

I read an article not too long ago that compared the "total fuel efficiency" of a H2 and a Toyota Prius, from obtaining the raw materials to 150,000 miles (or so, I don't remember the exact mileage). The article concluded that over the ENTIRE life of the vehicle the H2 is more efficient. This horrible mpg from the H2 was more than canceled out by the technological costs of the Prius. Because of the added electrical systems, battery (especially the battery), added computers, the overall energy and resources needed for the Prius to reach the 150,000 miles was greater than that of the H2. I'll see if I can find a link to the article.

Edit: By the way, I drive a Civic. :D
Edit v2.0: http://www.reason.org/commentaries/dalmia_20060719.shtml
and here (different article) http://cnwmr.com/nss-folder/automotiveenergy/

But Greg, think of the thousands of lives lost when the Oriskany went down. Ok, it wasn't thousands, it was hundreds. And it wasn't the Oriskany. But still.....
How you like the Honda? My biggest car ever is a Honda Accord two door coupe, 4 cyl. five speed, 34 mpg on the highway, back seat folds down, opens to trunk. Lots of room for tanks; wet suits; BCs; Turtle fins; inflatable rafts, dolls, dive flag floats; buckets; fishing rods; seine nets; mp3 players; pet carriers; spear guns; trot lines; WD Feline cat kibble; lobsters; cases of diet Stewarts root beer; etc.

I drive a Mustang, and I dive, kiteboard, mountain bike with that thing. A little tight sometimes, but with enough persuation stuff fits.....:) Plus, I get to my destination very quickly.....

Back
Top Bottom