What is the perfect SCUBA car?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nissan Frontier crew-cab pickup... Pre-installed adjustable slides in the bed for holding tanks, BCs, mesh bags of gear... anything (don't have a need for a bed cover, unless you're worried your scuba gear is going to get *wet*). Bed extender divides gear up (or extends the bed, of course)... Tows my SeaRay... Gets 20mpg... Holds 5 adults... Rear tinted windows for changing in the back seat (if you need to)... Utility of a pickup, but drives like a car... Runs and runs and runs and runs...

My divebuggy (till I could find a buyer) when I was living down in the keys:

Lamborghini LM002 American

It's a long story involving a rather crazy foreigh restauranteur who couldn't pay his bills.

PJH:

The amphicars were (are) cute, but they were (are) neither a very good car nor a very good boat, sort of the worst of both worlds. Get a Bison!

For a history of amphibious vehicles: History

without kids, my Nissan Pathfinder was the perfect "car". You can put on and take off your gear while standing up. Since I have 2 kids now, the best deal is a van, like my Pontiac Montana, a little lower but I can bring all my gear even on family vacations :D

Tassie_Rohan:
Take mine.....

ke70_2.jpg

At least I dont have to worry about rust from salt water.....

Cheers,
Rohan.

Ahhh, a TRUE "wreck" diver...er...driver...?

You think he saw a tank explode?

Mike Veitch:
erm no...

i am living on a small tropical island in the middle of the pacific....

:eyebrow:

fantasy land would be full of voluptuous women....

:e18:

Without the "beetle nut" smile.....but come on Mike....any port in a storm dude. Where's your sense of adventure? :D

2003 Ford Crown Vic. Mileage is ok. Space for gear is marginal. But the light bar and siren make it the quickest way to the water I've found.

Thalassamania:
You think he saw a tank explode?

HA !! I think Whaler Kyle forgot to tell him to take it OUT of the car before he shot it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom