What is the perfect SCUBA car?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sometimes you just gotta say Toyota. The blue 91 has been a faithful explorer with 250,000 miles or maybe a bit more closer to 300,000. The new Tacoma TRD OR DC is new and replaces a Tundra TRD that I decided was just not me, it was green, to bad that. PU trucks with 4WD, high clearance with a cap on the back is the only way to go. I have added the cap, Yak rack and other stuff, the new Tacoma does great and gets decent mileage and pulls the Boston Whaler just fine. N

DSCF0956.jpg

Right now I have an '03 Subaru Outback Sport (Impreza Wagon). It works pretty well, I can fit all my gear in the back, and there is a nice plastic tray to keep things dry. I am pretty sure my next vehicle will be a small truck or SUV. A high tailgate will make solo donning of gear a lot easier. I like the Tacomas (though I hear they're not good for tall people? I'm 6'3"), and the new FJ Cruiser looks neat too.

A couple that dives here has an old U-Haul panel van they use. Pretty nice to be able to change inside the back with lights and all, and it could hold gear for 20 people :wink:

Brian

_Bella_:
But you're living in fantasy land man!
erm no...

i am living on a small tropical island in the middle of the pacific....

:eyebrow:

fantasy land would be full of voluptuous women....

:e18:

Mike Veitch:
erm no...

i am living on a small tropical island in the middle of the pacific....

:eyebrow:

fantasy land would be full of voluptuous women....

:e18:

Hey, they're topless on your island. Just cause they're not sexy topless :rofl3:

something you dont care about , then have a nice/nicer car for everything else

chrisc:
Ford Excursion. I've added they hybrid logo next to the V10 logo on the tailgate to piss off the tree huggers, they look at it very confused ...

They're not confused. They're trying very hard to stifle their laughter. :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom