What is the difference between Scubapro and Halcyon regulators?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

brands like Hog, Deep 6, and DGX which are also made in Taiwan right down the street from Atomic
Not true at all.

I have personally communicated with powers that be at Atomic and they told me that this isn't true and people who are making up these stories are lying.

Where is it made?

I received the following reply from Atomic big mucky muck concerning where Atomic new regulator, the TFX, is made:

"It is made in the USA. All metal is machined and assembled in the USA. Second stage case is molded in Taiwan. It is made and assembled in the US like all other Atomic Regulators."

I received the following reply from Atomic big mucky muck concerning where Atomic new regulator, the TFX, is made:

"It is made in the USA. All metal is machined and assembled in the USA. Second stage case is molded in Taiwan. It is made and assembled in the US like all other Atomic Regulators."
Wow! Thank you for this!
I’m glad to be proven wrong in this case.
Now the question, why is the case moulded in Taiwan? At that price point I would assume there’s enough profit to cover for complete US manufacturing.
And is this just for the TFX, or all Atomic regulators?

The discussion was about the TFX. But he also said "It is MADE and assembled in the US like all other Atomic Regulators."

Note: "Made" as in manufactured in the USA.

Wow! Thank you for this!
I’m glad to be proven wrong in this case.
Now the question, why is the case moulded in Taiwan? At that price point I would assume there’s enough profit to cover for complete US manufacturing.
Assembly isn't the important thing. Source of parts is. There's a reason why so many things are manufactured in Taiwan. They do a very good job of it. Their improvement in manufacturing in many sectors (most notably semiconductors, but not limited to just that) is truly impressive. I used to deal with Taiwanese companies earlier in my career, and they never screwed around with quality. If there was a false positive of them failing a test, they brought the heat.

Adding to what @wetb4igetinthewater said... Many people believe that Taiwan is somehow not good at manufacturing. The opposite is true. Taiwan is a first world country with top notch manufacturing abilities. Dare I say, Taiwan probably excels US in many manufacturing aspects. Anyone who has dealt with semiconductors know Taiwanese abilities.

Adding to what @wetb4igetinthewater said... Many people believe that Taiwan is somehow not good at manufacturing. The opposite is true. Taiwan is a first world country with top notch manufacturing abilities. Dare I say, Taiwan probably excels US in many manufacturing aspects. Anyone who has dealt with semiconductors know Taiwanese abilities.
Agreed. Almost everyone reading this will be using a Phone or Computer with a CPU made in Taiwan. That includes pretty much every computing device without an Intel CPU, and even some of those are subcontracted out of TSMC in Taiwan. Apple's phone and computer M-series chips, AMD cpus, Nvida and AMD GPU chips. All made by TSMC, mostly in Taiwan.

Agreed. Almost everyone reading this will be using a Phone or Computer with a CPU made in Taiwan. That includes pretty much every computing device without an Intel CPU, and even some of those are subcontracted out of TSMC in Taiwan. Apple's phone and computer M-series chips, AMD cpus, Nvida and AMD GPU chips. All made by TSMC, mostly in Taiwan.
What happens if China comes in and takes over Taiwan?
Not meaning for this to get political and end up in the pub, but it is a possible reality. What happens then.

What happens if China comes in and takes over Taiwan?
Not meaning for this to get political and end up in the pub, but it is a possible reality. What happens then.
Global Economic Crash? Mad Max times?

FYI - TSMC and Intel are currently making massive investments in new fabs in the US, EU, and other parts of Asia to mitigate this risk.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom