What is the brightest LED dive light with a narrow angle I can buy?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Have you considered HIDs? I have the light monkey 35 W HID and it is unbelievably bright. I've videoed a dive today using it. Once I get it edited I will post it.

No I haven't looked in to HID. I always thought LED were the brightest things you could buy, at least in terms of brightness and battery life.

I'll have to look in to HID and see what they are all about.

The light & Motion Sola 1200, this is 1200 lumans and you can change between a narrow or wide beam. Also it is rechargeable so you don't need to buy batteries anymore. I have a demo one that you can try if you like and then tell me what you think. E-mail me at tim@sugarlandscuba.com if you would like to try the demo unit.

why are HID light companies still stuck in the last century by using watts as an indicator on their LED lights? Watts has no relevance across different generations of light given the lumens per watt is all over the place and is constantly improving.

Anyway, a 550 lumen light would look only a hair brighter than a 400 lumen light, if they had the same beam angle. Even a 1000 lumen one would look only somewhat brighter. But a 200 lumen light with a 10 deg angle be 10x brighter than one that is throwing a 30 deg beam, and that you should definitely see.

If price is really not an issue and your interest is a very high performance handheld with a tight beam, check out the Keldan Luna 8 L-H. It has a 3500 lumen flux and a 14 degree beam, all in a handheld dive light.

I also agree with the earlier post, for the money the Intova SL1 Seach is tough to beat.

-Mike

I have created plans for a light; 7,000+ lumens, 12 degree beam, 4+ hours of burn time.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom