What is the brightest LED dive light with a narrow angle I can buy?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

abzde

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I own a Princeton Tech shockwave LED -400 lumens light. But I need something brighter to look in to deep caves and cracks. Something that is as at least over 550 lumens and has a narrow beam.

I wish I could just pick a light with the highest lumens advertised, but it seems like many manufacturers lie about their lumens.

Anyone have a recommendation for a bright dive light they've used or seen in person?

Edit: update
what is your budget? If you don't tell us, you will see people start to suggest LM21, UWLD ... high end canister LED which cost $1000+

Well I would like to know what the brightest narrow beam hand held dive lights are and how they compare to my 400 lumen princeton tech shockwave.

But I could go crazy on my expenses and get a canister light. It's not out of the relm of possibilities, since I have the money and diving is my passion.

Last edited:
Look at the Light Monkey 12 watt LED. Packs quite a punch for its size.
Light Monkey 21 Watt LED for a super bright, tight beam.

UWLD-26 LED for a HUGE bright beam. Not a tight beam though.

Dive Rite has a nice assortment as well.

I've used all three LM, HELD, and DR - are all stellar performers.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

That's UWLD not HELD. Stupid autocorrect.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Dive Rite shouldn't even be in the listing.

The Light Monkey 12w LED is tight and bright. If you need brighter or have more cash to spend, then the 21w LED by Light Monkey. If you need even brighter than that, the UnderwaterLightDude light is the brighter thing we've ever seen. Very bright, not very tight, but neither is the Sun.

what is your budget? If you don't tell us, you will see people start to suggest LM21, UWLD ... high end canister LED which cost $1000+

He didn't add that parameter. He asked "what's the brightest he could buy". We answered :)

What is the brightest LED dive light with a narrow angle I can buy?

I think Light for ME : TEK ONE TEK ONE E/O Head

It is also bright MBSUB mb-sub.com: Home CAVE VB-50 NEW ! with SST-50

Both lamps have beam projected through aspherics or frensell lens .

For those who don't want projected square it comes soon new led on market SBT-70 which have circular emiter with 7mm2

There is also some ''fantasy'' for instance like viel viel licht ; I see demo video on bottom ,but that is more videolight.

Last edited:
Thanks for all the suggestions. I'm going to check all those out.

Well I would like to know what the brightest narrow beam hand held dive lights are and how they compare to my 400 lumen shockwave.

But I could go crazy on my expenses and get a canister light. It's not out of the relm of possibilities, since I have the money and diving is my passion. I like the idea of the longer battery life of the canister lights and I know they should the brightest possible. But I wouldn't be using it for scuba since I freedive 99% of the time. I don't know how hard it would be to use while freediving. Anyone have experience in that?

Have you considered HIDs? I have the light monkey 35 W HID and it is unbelievably bright. I've videoed a dive today using it. Once I get it edited I will post it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom