What is Scubaearth.com ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I think my biggest issue with it after what I was able to see is they don't want to put any effort into it. They want the divers to do all the grunt work while they sit back and collect the money brought in through the hopefully increased business. They should google - Google Earth and Maps. See how that is done.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

I played with it a little bit, but found it so buggy that I got irritated and left. It's very narrow in vision -- for example, where they tell you you can list your gear, half the stuff I own can't be entered :)

I tried to log in under my DM number, which has only five digits. .....
You are not qualified because You have been diving for too long ... :D

Alberto (aka eDiver)

Been trying this over the past few days with one of my buddies and found the following

1. You can't log a dive unless it has been done with a registered PADI dive shop

2. You can't enter a new dive site because it does not accept standard Lat and Long coordinates and when you try to use Google Earth, choose the nearest location and move the pin it will not accept the change.

Giving up, waste of time.

Been using Diveboard.com for over a year now - and its far and away much better than Scubaearth. Scubaearth as other have said - its too little, too late.

Diveboard has loads of features!
PLUS - iOS and Android apps for viewing and updating your logbook on the go. It was a bit basic at the beginning - but they have done a lot of work on it now and its very polished.

Needs a bunch of work, Im unable to upload pictures and Im unable to contact them via their tech support because the message errors out. If you can't tell them what is wrong they can't fix it.

You are all correct; there are other sites much better than Scubaearth.I waited so long for this site to be made available; there Sport Diver aid was so cool. Now I’m disappointed.

Thank you all for your alternative suggests.

I recently signed up for ScubaEarth because I was bored and wanted to do something scuba-y.

I was really impressed, but not in a good way. I'd sort of thought it had just been launched in a hurry in the last few weeks without much though having been put into making it actually useful in some way. I was gobsmacked to come here and learn it's been running for over 3 years and is still so devoid of usable features.

(Yeah, I know... zombie thread. But if it saves one person from wasting an hour signing up for ScubaEarth, i will have done a bit of good in the world.)

You realize that this thread is 3 years old and nothing has changed? I reckon that PADI is still using mainframes anyway. Try looking for a student without the correct middle initial.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom