What is Scubaearth.com ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Have you tried it? I did. Under my old DM number. If you are not current it won't let you log in. When taking the tour it was very limited in sites, did not recognize 4 dive centers in my area, and it looks like they want you to build it. Google earth coupled with Scubaboard is much more user friendly and available to all.

I have tried it, and according to me:
- It lacks functionality
- It summarizes ideas that already other sites have
- It is launched at least 3 years late

So yeah, it is a beta, and I don't see it flowerishing when it is officially released.

(my opinion)

I tried to log in under my DM number, which has only five digits. The site requires six. Go figure. I'll stick with Wannadive.net

You need to log in thru the Pro's Site.
Once inside there is a link.

You need to log in thru the Pro's Site.
Once inside there is a link.
I did. This is the first box that appears in the pro's site;

*PADI Number (6-digit numeric):
*First Name:

I was able to register and log in, but they have my certs wrong..:(
kind of strange for a PADI site...makes me wonder where the info comes from and how old it is

ScubaEarth on PADI is geared towards promoting dive shops and appears very sluggish and difficult to use. DiveBuddy.com on the other had, released the original Google integrated map called Scuba Earth a couple years ago. It's much more functional and shows more scuba related info.

PADI does not know how to innovate, they only copy what others do and they usually do it poorly.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom