What is happening with NAUI these days?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Waiting for what/who? Did you try to find a NAUI instructor?
yes with back and forth emails...then nothing. He's the only one in my vicinity.

It's time to move on. Agencies don't teach you to dive: instructors do. Find any scuba instructor in your area. NitrOx is pretty similar no matter which agency. It's better than being ignored.
I realize that. I did not mention it in my OP but in addition to my YScuba/SEI certification, I'm also a Master Diver with ACUC and I also re-took the OW course with a (very well known agency) to accompany the wife and kids in their certification in 2008. This latter was a dismal sausage factory course which still reverberates. I realize that not all instructors are as such but would have preferred a different agency's material such as NAUI than this easily accessible last one for the Nitrox cert.

That depends on how good the instructor is, pretty much.

How so? The PADI "Master Diver" certification isn't a course, it is just a "recognition" card issued to those that have taken a certain number of specialties. In contrast, the NAUI "Master Scuba Diver" rating is a substantial course where you get to cover different areas of instructor level knowledge academics and do at least 8 dives at the corresponding level. The textbook for the NAUI MSD course is probably the most complete and advanced textbook in recreational diving.

We aren't talking about the same thing here, these are apples vs. oranges.

How so? The PADI "Master Diver" certification isn't a course, it is just a "recognition" card issued to those that have taken a certain number of specialties. In contrast, the NAUI "Master Scuba Diver" rating is a substantial course where you get to cover different areas of instructor level knowledge academics and do at least 8 dives at the corresponding level. The textbook for the NAUI MSD course is probably the most complete and advanced textbook in recreational diving.

We aren't talking about the same thing here, these are apples vs. oranges.
Hello, be that as it may, that was a general expression. Thus, "pretty much". I wasn't trying to nitpick any particular course or agency.

Honestly, if the code of honor is that restrictive that you're not allowed to be critical of your own ranks, there's something wrong with the code.

Are you sure you're an instructor for NAUI and not the Pyongyang Scuba Association?
What makes you think we can't be critical of our ranks? That is a misconception.

Back
Top Bottom