What is done to regs during annual service?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Rebuild just means to take everything apart rght down to the bare bones (usually clean and replace parts) and then put it all back together again like new.

As for tests that should be done:

the dealer should at the very least put it on a tank for you and let you take a breath. I think that it is impractical to show everyone the ip, breathing reates, and flowrates etc. Alot of people are not familiar with the terminology and you would be there an hour. If someone ever asked though, the technician should be prepared to explain everything to the customer....

Hyper-limits:
Totally disagree with you, my post may have been useless to you but my point was that some shops rip you off, that it. The question was ask what get done during regulator annual service and for some of us absolutely nothing.
However I do agree with you that not a reason to not get your reg service at an honest LDS.
I will not name names of the SB I just don't think it is the right place for this.

Cheers

Is it better than to keep quiet, well aware of a shop that does not service Life support equipment properly?
What if the reg that he didn't service properly craps out on someone and causes an accident? Is it acceptable in your eyes to look to the other direction well knowing that this shop is possibly endangering someones life?
As you said, some shops rip you off. It is our responsibility as the diving community to expose these black sheep and not quietly allow them to continue to do things the way they do.
Bad feedback about a business is even more improtant than all the good feedback we read about verious businesses on SB because it may prevent an uneducated diver to fall into the trap of such a dive shop.
Let me ask you that: If one of your friends knew that the shop that you're servicing your gear isn't doing it job by the books, would you like to know it or not? It's your life support equipment in the end? :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom