What is correct process to bring computer through security checkpoint?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I just got back from a trip.

The biggest issue I had was overweight bags. Dang Dry Suit!

Anyway my UW Camera housing got the most attention. They Swabbed it and everything. I overheard the baggage guy saying "I don't like the looks of this!"

My computer got very little attention. In fact I took it out during the flight and watched the altimeter and Desat change. It was pretty cool. One thing though, for the flight I turned off the sound so I wouldn't bug my neighbors but I forgot to turn them back on for my first dive.

I just got back from a trip.

The biggest issue I had was overweight bags. Dang Dry Suit!

I always carry a small nylon zipper duffel bag if I get caught with it being overweight. Then I can shuffle over a heavy piece of gear into that bag. Only had to do it a few times, but here lately they are being much pickier of overweight bags. can't blame them with jet fuel costs of $4/gallon.

if flying domestic, just check that overweight bag at the curb with a 'skycap'. They don't want to loose the tip by sending you inside to have to pay the overweight fee, so they'll check an overweight bag w/o charging you. They might mention it, but it's their way of making notice for a little extra tip.

Anyway my UW Camera housing got the most attention. They Swabbed it and everything. I overheard the baggage guy saying "I don't like the looks of this!"

Translation: I'm not experienced in my job and don't what the f' this is.

Back
Top Bottom