What is Bonaire Like If You Already Dove on Curaçao?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

$605 round trip nonstop from EWR for next May. Not cheap but not terrible either

I guess its all relative. When you can fly to Cur or GCM for half that amount it is an issue, at least for me. In Jan we are heading back to CUR for a week. Nonstop air on JetBlue from NYC is $297.00. Flights to Bon the same time period are over $800.00. Would have loved to return to Bon but that price differential is a real negative, especially when traveling as a family. The diving in CUR and BON is comparable and we found staying in Westpunt less expensive than Bon. We still love Bon but the high fares are a deterrent for us.

I guess its all relative. When you can fly to Cur or GCM for half that amount it is an issue, at least for me. In Jan we are heading back to CUR for a week. Nonstop air on JetBlue from NYC is $297.00. Flights to Bon the same time period are over $800.00. Would have loved to return to Bon but that price differential is a real negative, especially when traveling as a family. The diving in CUR and BON is comparable and we found staying in Westpunt less expensive than Bon. We still love Bon but the high fares are a deterrent for us.

You can fly into Cur and then puddle jump to Bon for about $100 rt. At least that's what I did on my 2nd trip. First was through Aruba then a puddle jump. That was a while ago though. I think I flew Divi-Divi - It certainly wasn't Insul.

Thanks. Yup aware of the option. It only makes the hurdle a little less so costwise but adds others. When I can take more time off and if the Bon fares haven't improved maybe we will try to combine a trip to both, something like 5 days in Cur and 5 in Bon.

With two flights though I may as well just go to Little Cayman.

I remain optimistic though and I hope there will be a change in the BON high fares.

Anything "we" might want to know about Insel Air?

Insul air service has always been very poor. Currently they are bankrupt, can't maintain their airplanes nor their flight schedules. Many passengers left with cancelled flights for days, etc. etc. etc.

Insul air service has always been very poor. Currently they are bankrupt, can't maintain their airplanes nor their flight schedules. Many passengers left with cancelled flights for days, etc. etc. etc.
Worth knowing ... Thanks...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom