What is average surface air consumption?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Your using Bar and litres, and they are all using cubic feet per minute and psi. you should be looking at coming down to about 16-18 litres a minute, which is a pretty good SAC to put it in terms you use.

Freds :coffee:

Jasonb:
Suunto is telling me 26?

I reckon I'm missing some calculation here, but I've no idea what it is, and any sites I find online are in imperial, which just gets me more confused with the maths!

Any help much appreciated...

J.
Hi Jason
As fred said you are using bar and litres. 26 litres p/m is equal to about .91 cuft

BTW metric is much easier to use:D

Gentlemen...

Thank you both! I knew I had a lot to learn in terms of relaxing and getting used to diving before my air consumption would come down, but comparing 26 to .6 just seemed crazy! Never thought of the litres/cu. ft. conversion...

So, as a rough guide, 26SLM is approx. .91cuftm? I'll remember that, and look forward to getting it down to below 20SLM.

Finaly stupid question ( hopefully! ). Dive Manager tells me my Surface Air Consumption is 26SLM. That's 26 something litres per minute I'm guessing? So what's the 'something'? Thanks again!

J.

standard liters per minute?

just a guess

Azza:
BTW metric is much easier to use:D
Where's my popcorn?
Rick

Originally Posted by Azza
"BTW metric is much easier to use"

If you're used to using Bar and litres, it aint half hard to get your head around them silly psi and cubic feet that our friends from across the pond use!

Freds :coffee:

Jasonb:
Gentlemen...

Finaly stupid question ( hopefully! ). Dive Manager tells me my Surface Air Consumption is 26SLM. That's 26 something litres per minute I'm guessing? So what's the 'something'? Thanks again!

J.

Originally Posted by H2Andy
standard liters per minute?

just a guess

My guess is since SAC is surface air consumption, SLM would be Surface Liters/ Minute

Back
Top Bottom