What is a rebreather?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Going back to the evidence bit.. in the link I put up re the tragic death of Ian Swift, the author is quoted as stating the girlfriend of the diver had taken the rebreather back to the manufacturer 5 times due to malfunctions.

The coroner, Michael Johnson, urged the manufacturer to install more safety devices.

Pre-empting the usual "what does a coroner know about diving" rubbish I dare say "Dr" Mark will come out with, the coroner would have been compelled to seek industry (dive) advice from experts in the diving field.

No wait... don't tell me Mark... "THE CORONER'S TALKING BOLL*CKS".

DORSETBOY:
Going back to the evidence bit.. in the link I put up re the tragic death of Ian Swift, the author is quoted as stating the girlfriend of the diver had taken the rebreather back to the manufacturer 5 times due to malfunctions.

The coroner, Michael Johnson, urged the manufacturer to install more safety devices.

Pre-empting the usual "what does a coroner know about diving" rubbish I dare say "Dr" Mark will come out with, the coroner would have been compelled to seek industry (dive) advice from experts in the diving field.

No wait... don't tell me Mark... "THE CORONER'S TALKING BOLL*CKS".

Anyone want to take this Im growing weary of this

DORSETBOY:

Pre-empting the usual "what does a coroner know about diving" rubbish I dare say "Dr" Mark (sic) will come out with, the coroner would have been compelled to seek industry (dive) advice from experts in the diving field.

As always, reading a Coroner's Report is much like reading the newspapers. One must ask the central questions: "What evidence was presented? Who presented it? What was their background and level of expertise? Who evaluated said evidence? What evidence was accepted? What was not? Why?"

Without, as Paul Harvey would say, "the REST of the story", it doesn't necessarily mean what it seems when taken at face value! There are still people out there who think that O.J. Simpson is engaged in an active search for the "real" killer, for instance. :11:

BigJetDriver69:
There are still people out there who think that O.J. Simpson is engaged in an active search for the "real" killer, for instance. :11:
Of course he does, and you better believe he is doing it on Open (party) Circuit. :D

BigJetDriver69:
Stefan,

Well done, sir! You take the prize today (and I have to clean the Coca Cola that I snorted onto my keyboard from laughing)!!!! LMAO :eyebrow:

Thats the 2nd time today BJD, best ask father christmas for one of those waterproof keyboard covers :D

Back
Top Bottom