What is a good inexpensive reg for a present?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
Hi

Im interested in purchasing a reg for my son for christmas. Can you recommend an inexpensive good reg.

Mike K.

Depends on how inexpensive.. and whether you're willing to buy online. If you are, an Apeks ATX40 can be had for $250... a Sherwood Magnum for $220, a Zeagle Envoy or Sherwood Brut for $200.

A Scubapro MK2 Plus with R380 can be bought for $150 (hell of a deal..)

I'd dive any of them - and used to own a Brut. I have an Apeks TX40 now and either one does the job.

:D My advise is to go to your local dive shop they will be able to show you onsite what the differences are in all the reg's and tell you the price. N.B. Most reg's today, do to law suits...are good reg's. I personally like Apex and ScubaPro reg's, but it's mostly a personal chose. Good luck.:thumb:

How about an Aqualing Titan LX, its a very nice, reasonably priced reg that breaths quite well

Depends on how much you want to spend, how old your son is, and how well he will treat his gear. If you can tell us that it might help a bit. Most regs of there are good and will work fine above maybe 80 to 100 feet. Deeper than that you might want to spend a little more. If your trying to get him a good inexpensive durable reg look at what your local dive store rents. They probably rent them for these very reasons. IF you are going to shop online I like the Sherwood Brut, Dacor Viper America, or Mares V16 proton. All are good, inexpensive dependable regs.
Hope this helped
Dive Safe
Doug
SSI DiveCon

mmcdds once bubbled...
How about an Aqualing Titan LX, its a very nice, reasonably priced reg that breaths quite well

I second this opinion. I have three of these regs and they are wonderful. LP - $200 - Can't go wrong

Mares MR-12 is very cost effective. It is a great breather. I had it as my first reg and loved it. Never had a problem with it. Mares also has some other very nice regs for good prices. Take a look at the Leisurepro site.

Ari

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom