What I LIKE About My LDS

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

offroaddiver:
Is this for real? How could that work?
I have it, and it does work, but I only have a 56K modem, so the fills are slow.

Wayward Son:
A VIP means they visually inspect the inside of the tank. There are a number of problems they look for. Tanks get a VIP once per year, or any time they're brought in empty.

Thank you.

Kestrell:
My LDS is great too. Dudas Diving Duds in West Chester, PA. Been around since forever (the 60's) and don't really care where you buy you gear. They have good prices (not as good as the internet) and will give discounts. The people there are knowledgeable and friendly.

I second this opinion! I am very impressed with the service they gave my wife when she needed new seals on her dry suit. They are a breath of fresh air!

offroaddiver:
Is this for real? How could that work?

The main problem with internet fills is the inability of the provider to check for a c-card or current hydro status.

For now, they're working on the honor system, kind of like the old days in Florida where you could use a vending machine dealy-bob in front of the LDS during off-hours.

Technology is stunning.

RoatanMan:
The main problem with internet fills is the inability of the provider to check for a c-card or current hydro status.
Dude. They get it from your IP address. Sheesh!

mike_s:
Look at the above post I had about upgrading from a 56k modem to a cable modem.
it really helps and makes this product worthwhile.

Actually, dialup is only slow on air fills. Lighter gasses (like helium) work great. I had to do a helium fill from a hotel room thru my laptop on dialup. I didn't notice any difference in speed from when I was on my high-speed cable access at home.

But yeah, air fills take FOREVER on dialup.

David

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom