Info What I do with my keys when I shore dive?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Way too many serious solutions given here. Since I've dove with @Manatee Diver before, I know he likes creative thinking.

That's why I suggest he leave his car keys right in front of his car on the ground.

And then cover them with the $8 fake Dog Doo Doo to hide them. No one will dare touch it and people will actually step away to avoid his car keys. He can even describe to his dive buddy where his keys are by writing they are in "Deep Shlt" on his slate underwater. Back in the parking lot while enjoying a beverage you can even play "Toss the Shlt" while talking about dive Shlt. And when he says a great white shark swam by, his buddy can throw the pit___bull 'shlt' at him.

DogPile.jpg

Then that one day comes where a do gooder comes thru cleaning up and tosses your keys.

While tossing around a piece of rubber dog shiate back in forth might be entertaining. With my luck someone will clean it up.

My wife actually designed and created a solution for this out of our frustration not being able to find something we were confident using.
Check out DRYFOB, the waterproof car key container for divers. Machined out of anodized aluminum, neutrally buoyant with FOB, fits well in a BC pocket or clips onto a D-ring. We had it IPx8 rated to 130ft/1hr and tested by Dive Lab to 200 FSW. We use it all the time.

This all started with us trying to find a solution for ourselves. After machining a proto we had people asking us for it so we made a few more and started selling and marketing them. Quite a few dive shops have picked them up, we have them on Amazon and sell direct from our website too. If you are in Florida we can even meet up. At $49.99 it's higher priced that the various plastic cannisters and bags but certainly solid and will last for a long time. Have a look at www.dryfob.com if interested.

My wife actually designed and created a solution for this out of our frustration not being able to find something we were confident using.
Check out DRYFOB, the waterproof car key container for divers. Machined out of anodized aluminum, neutrally buoyant with FOB, fits well in a BC pocket or clips onto a D-ring. We had it IPx8 rated to 130ft/1hr and tested by Dive Lab to 200 FSW. We use it all the time.

This all started with us trying to find a solution for ourselves. After machining a proto we had people asking us for it so we made a few more and started selling and marketing them. Quite a few dive shops have picked them up, we have them on Amazon and sell direct from our website too. If you are in Florida we can even meet up. At $49.99 it's higher priced that the various plastic cannisters and bags but certainly solid and will last for a long time. Have a look at www.dryfob.com if interested.
I got the dry fob but my Mazda key is still wider. I suspect that more and more people will need a wider DRYFOB XL. Those that use their phones for keys will need a DRYFONE.

I got the dry fob but my Mazda key is still wider. I suspect that more and more people will need a wider DRYFOB XL. Those that use their phones for keys will need a DRYFONE.

Or you can do what I suggested, it will be a lot cheaper.

Or you can do what I suggested, it will be a lot cheaper.

That was my old Mazda key. That would fit. The new ones are the size of a Zippo lighter.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom