What Have I Got?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

canismajor

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hi all,

I just picked up a tank for $10. It is a white Faber tank with a Scubapro logo decal. Near as I can tell, the numbers on it are:

M8303 Faber Italy DOT 3AA-2400-93/9001 122 (the M in the beginning and the 93/9001 part is hard to read and may not be accurate)

What I think I've acquired is a 2400psi 122CF cylinder. Thing is: it has a DIN valve! I thought that was just for high pressure. But I'm new to this. Could be wrong.

So... any ideas?
icosm11.gif

One befuddled dawg

DIN is good and not necessarily for High Pressure.
Does the tank have a VIP and current hydro?

Nope. No hydro, no VIP. Just figured for $10 I couldn't go too far wrong.

get it vis'd and hydro'd. I dive Faber Lp tanks as well, and they are nice. Do you know if it is a dedicated DIN valve (300 bar) or a 200 bar convertible valve, that could be used with yoke? Worst case scenario, just convert your reg to DIN.

Well, even if the tank is garbage, the DIN valve is worth the money if it works.

Good luck!

It looks like an LP95. I know that ScubaPro distributed Faber tanks at one point, as I have used some of the "ScubaPro" Faber LP95s before.
Just FYI, to my knowledge there is no 122cf tank. :)

Well, here's one more piece to my puzzle. It's 8" in diameter and about 25" in height (to the base of the valve). I don't think there's a 95 out there with those sorts of numbers are there?

The 122 is part of the serial number, not the size.

You're best bet would be to go by the size to figure out what tank you have.

If there is a plus after the original hydro stamp, then the "trade" volume will be calculated with a 2640 fill pressure, although it has to qualify for the plus rating at all subsequent hydro's. For example, 95 cft at 2640 psi, but only 86 cft at 2400 psi.

The picture looks like a LP95 and it appears to have been hydro tested at least once. Are you measuring the height with the boot on?

Well, excuse me. Just goes to show what I know. There is a LP95 with just those numbers. Appears you're right Sparticlebrane!

Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom