What has changed?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

justleesa

Neither here nor there
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
So I have been MIA for a while and still haven't had an opportunity to get out there and do some diving on my own, so I thought I'd put some questions out there:

What had changed in the past 4 or so years?
How far gone is the Mahi?
Do the eagle rays still show up in big groups?
do the puffers still school at the mast?
Did the totem pole ever show up again?

Are the ulcer problems that the turtles seem to have better or worse or the same?

How has it changed for you dive shop owners?
More local divers, less tourists? More female divers?
What ops are no longer in business?
Who would you recommend and trust to take your loved ones diving (aside from yourself)?

Let the flood of information begin :D

That's a lot of questions that can best be answered with experience. Get out there and start diving again.

Well hello again dear.....

So, the Mahi still rocks. Saw 12 eagle rays there on Sunday. Generally speaking you can see 1 or 2 sharks every trip out to they YO257 too!!!! I have noticed a lot of very good instructors on Oahu on the boats these days and that is a great thing. In terms of raw numbers, it's hard to tell. My local crew rocks and we spend a lot of time trying to hit the dive sites all around the island. In general, North Shore never really got spectacular this summer.

Why no diving?

G

Thank you for the info Gabe <3
I have a 7 day a week, split shift work schedule and am on call 24/7, after that, I'm just too pooped.

Anybody have an old pic of the Mahi/YO?San Pedro with date and a more current picture to compare it to?

one or two more big swells may be all she's got left in her,,,, middle is opened up pretty nicely
they do as long as some dive leaders (whom shall remain unnamed at this point) don't chase after them
yes along with the big barrecuda
Did the totem pole ever show up again?
no

Are the ulcer problems that the turtles seem to have better or worse or the same?
it seems to be coming and going, there is a cure now but the problem is you have to catch the turtles and administer it
yay more female divers
few new ones popped up- capt bruce has new owners as of about a year ago, dive boat enzoII is now owned by island divers
Who would you recommend and trust to take your loved ones diving (aside from yourself)?
any NAUI cerified diver (thats the credo, would i trust this person to dive with my loved ones, compaired to well they did do the skills once,,, kinda,,,,)

one or two more big swells may be all she's got left in her,,,, middle is opened up pretty nicely

I remember when it started to split and you could see the John - I got so excited....lol

they do as long as some dive leaders (whom shall remain unnamed at this point) don't chase after them
lol, I can just imagine!
yes along with the big barrecuda

That was always a treat.
it seems to be coming and going, there is a cure now but the problem is you have to catch the turtles and administer it

So you have to break the law to help then, eh?

yay more female divers

You guys are so easy to please :blinking:
few new ones popped up- capt bruce has new owners as of about a year ago,
We were up at the harbor a few weeks ago, "The Beach" looks great! Love that boat for so many reason. Just miss the old Captain Bruce logo

dive boat enzoII is now owned by island divers

Mike's Enzo? What happened to him? Is he still on the Island?

Is Cameron still around? The next time you see Captain Mike (Fireman) tell Roger and Lisa say hi! I miss placed his number again. :rolleyes:

Thanks so much for taking the time to post - looking forward to someone posting a current picture of the Mahi - Hint-Hint

Thanks so much for taking the time to post - looking forward to someone posting a current picture of the Mahi - Hint-Hint
I don't have a camera, but a buddy that's diving the Mahi with me on Sunday usually brings his. I'll post something if he takes any shots.

Back
Top Bottom