What happened to the Vis?????

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mrjimboalaska

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Today the Vis at the pinnicles was around 40ft. Same for "The Diner" , I guess that we get spoiled on our days of 100+ eh? Had my first experience at having to donate air today too...
I hope the vis clears for tomarrow...........

40'? We're lucky to get 4' in a lot of places, here! No whining!

Hey, so what happened? Since you are well practiced, I may have to bring my Aquamaster on Monday.

Jcsgt:
40'? We're lucky to get 4' in a lot of places, here! No whining!

Yeah, any time it is over 10' its a bonus. Yesterday at Sund Rock it was 30' and I thought I had died and gone to heaven. No light needed till 50' :D

Vis was up to about 70' today, Fishboy, sorry you had to cancel, we only did one dive though due to the surface being snotty. Explored the east side of sharks Rock(horshshoe), the more I dive that site, the more I like it. There must have been 10 turtles in there today.........

Jim, do you check the tides? I have a pocket tide chart from West Marine in my purse and the incoming tides are fantastic compared to once it starts moving out. yesterday slack tide was at noon. We splashed at 12:15! Not that it makes that much difference....but lets you know what to expect.

Also, one of the captains was telling me that after a south swell leaves, the south shore gets really clear because the swell flushes it out when follwed by a strong incoming.

Catherine,
I dont pay too much attention to the tides, We like to get out early in the morning before the afternoon winds kick up, that and then we can still do things with our families. We tried to dive the YO on Friday, the current was really kicking and we could never catch the ball, all is well as we went and did the Seatiger. I tired after 4 days of diving..........

ha ha. tired, huh? We had too much current to get down on the YO also (Sunday), so we did the Sea Tiger first, came back at slack tide (noon) and it was easy breasy.

Who did you got to the Pinnacles with? private boat? pretty sharky there lately I hear.

We took my boat and another club members boat to the Pinnacles, didn't see any sharks though, there is usually 1 or 2 there. I did a shark at shark's Rock(Horshoe) for the very first time. I was beginning to wonder why somebody had named it that. Have you ever dove that? I know Alex goes there, it is becoming my favorite dive site, and it is only 1 1/2 miles from the dock!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom