What happened at Dutch 9-18

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

no, but i do remember someone wanting to hit 100' in the hole,
only to finally find it and only hitting high 90's.

The water levels must fluctuate there. We got down past 100' in the hole about 8 years ago. I didn't even need my shovel :eyebrow:

We were at Dutch this weekend.

Sat morning, one access road was flooded so badly that a pickup truck was submerged to it's roof. The other access road had 1.5 to 2' of water over it. They closed Dutch due to concerns of getting emergency vehicles in if someone got hurt... also the area was hit pretty hard and EMS was busy elsewhere. This was a 50 or 100 year flood event for the area. We spent Sat. chilling with locals at the hotel who were flooded out of their houses.

By Sunday the access roads were dry, and we only drove to Dutch to get our refunds for the weekend. They said that they were repairing the roads down to the water, cause they were rather washed out. Also the visability was in the 6-8 inches range. On Sunday, they were saying they "might" be open Wed. They said the water was "a foot or two higher."

Our **guess** is that with vis so bad, the don't want OW student going in their, getting lost, or otherwise causing them headahces. Also the new constructon across the quarry (er.. I mean lake, Stu) has probably loosen the clay in the area, which probably went right into the quarry (er lake).

Definitely call before you go. Also we had a 40 mile detour around the Delware Water Gap (rt 209) going home on Sunday.

I saw some nice flooding on my way home from that area. I heard the one bridge I drove over got knocke out on Sunday too.

I called them a few days back and the message said they would be open.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom