What gauges do you wear on your arms?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cybordolphin

Reaction score
I have a wrist mount computer, watch, compass, and depth gauge.

Gettin kinda crowded on my arms.....

What do you wear wrist mount wise and which arm gets it, etc.?

Thanks to anyone who takes time to post.

I wear my watch and a compass when I think I need one.

I'd put the computer on the right arm, and the depth and watch on the left. I don't normally carry a compass (because I don't own one :) ) but when I do it put it on the less crowded arm.

You could also get a small compass (possibly on a lanyard) and stow it in a pocket when you aren't actively using it. If I did that I would hold the compass with my left hand while navigating (less interference than if lanyarded to right hand on OOA... for me, that is).

A lot of people also have flat compasses they keep with a set of wet notes.

You could also secure your depth guage in a pocket, if you were so inclined (although that makes consistency checks between computer/guage harder)

jeff

I wear my bottom timer on my right wrist and wear my watch on my left. My compass goes on my left wrist when I wear one. I don't dive with a computer (except for the one between my ears).

*grin* I squinted until I convinced myself that cybordolphin indicated he was using his in guage mode :wink:

Wendy - if you had (or if you have) a backup depth guage, where would it go? (honestly curious)

jeff

Wendy once bubbled...
I wear my bottom timer on my right wrist and wear my watch on my left. My compass goes on my left wrist when I wear one. I don't dive with a computer (except for the one between my ears).

I wear my computer on my right wrist, and the compass goes on my left when I want one.

I don't feel the need for a redundant timer or depth gauge on the dive.. if my computer fails, dive is over, backup timer or not. I can ascend with no depth gauge just fine. I keep a watch and depth gauge with my stuff so in the event of a computer failure I can keep diving that day. I'd wear both of those on my right wrist.

jonnythan: good points, certainly (and in addition, your buddy is a backup depth guage), I just thought I'd query Wendy because I'm fairly sure she plans/dives deco dives. (I don't, because I'm still a newb who's trying to get in shape/trim for taking Tech 1 next season, maybe :) )

jeff

Fetch once bubbled...
*grin* I squinted until I convinced myself that cybordolphin indicated he was using his in guage mode :wink:

Wendy - if you had (or if you have) a backup depth guage, where would it go? (honestly curious)

jeff

If my bottom timer (which tracks max depth, current depth, temp and bottom time) were to fail then I would have my buddies bottom timer/depth guage as my back-up, but of course if any gear fails during a dive, we call the dive and ascend.

Currently I don't do any deco dives.

Starting from hand, going up towards elbow:

Left- compass, wrist slate

Right- computer (Vyper in guage mode=backup bottom timer), bottom timer

Lose the watch.

Tom

Compass on left, computer on right.:)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom