What fish are you seeing?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

avalanchediver

Registered
Reaction score
A few years ago , for the first time, I noticed schools of Perch on almost every local wreck in Southern Lake Huron. Theny the disapeared again.... This year I have mostly been in the River, but have noticed a couple of schools of perch and quite a few large bass on the few wrecks I have been on and around some weed beds in front of my house. What is everyone else seeing?

Thanks,

Eric P.

GOBY'S!!!!! Lots of them!!

Jared and I dove the Nellie Lyon last Friday. The viz was only 4-5 ft. but I did see some smallmouth bass and some rock bass too! When the clouds would come over it was almost brail diving!

I saw a burbot on the New York. Just one though. And a truck load of Gobiidae.

Hey CMAN, I did my third dive in the big river today, again lots of Gobies... Also saw lots of holes in thr clay bank, is that from the crayfish digging thier burrows or what?

BTW: WHAT A RIDE... the current was ripping & it was just like a carnival triller ride... can't wait till the next one, I'm definitly hooked.

I too love diving The St. Clair River. Most of my dives have been there. What part of the river did you dive?

I have seen catfish in those holes in the clay bank even down at 70 ft. I don't know if they make the holes but they definately use them (usually I see this in late spring or early summer).

Well...
1. from Marine City's beach, drifting down just before the ferry dock.
* found a clay pipe, a pipe stem, and an intact (for the most part) candlestick holder

2. In and around Marine City's beach.
*found some bottles.

3. From south of the Hollyhock drifting down to the old YMCA.

Back
Top Bottom