What fins do you dive with?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Here's a tip.

Many fins, like masks and snorkels, are an item that a number of companies sell under their own name but are made by a few companies in Taiwan.

I'm guessing he wants a decent fin that is not too expensive, gives good results, and can be used in most any conditions. Other than the HOG tech fin this one Welcome to UDM Aquatic Services
is the one I sell the most of.

It works. It's also the same fin that some other brands are retailing for 70 bucks or more. Just under different names.

I used to also sell these that are the same as another line has. Expedition Fin that are now on closeout.

Either one is a good entry level fin that is fine for rentals and new OW divers.

Using any one of these I can put a diver in a set of good quality personal gear for 100 bucks that will last them a very long time. Hell for a vacation diver it may last them as long as they dive if they take care of it.

As to the comments regarding sending gear over. It is true that items can be subject to duties and such. If a company sends them. If you as a private individual sends them a few items at a time you can likely save him hundreds of dollars and not do anything illegal. Declare the actual price you paid for them. Better if it's a sale price. Where overseas shops get into difficulty is in the charges tacked on by distributors, customs officials, etc.

Not to mention local distributors take a cut and mark stuff up hugely. It's why I have had customers in places like Singapore and Japan buy from me. It's still cheaper because I ship USPS avoiding UPS and Fed Ex Broker fees. They still pay a duty or tax. But on two BPW's and two reg sets to Singapore I still saved them over 1000.00. AFTER they paid the duties.

Not necessary if shipping as an individual. Send USPS, use their customs form, and email the invoice to his friend. Captain Sinbad is not a company. He's an individual sending to a friend. Doesn't even need to send an invoice unless his friend wants it. He can just put a packing list in/on the box and email any other paperwork to his friend who will then decide if he wants to take it with him to pick up the items. More than likely all he'll need is an ID to get the box and pay tax based on the declared value on the customs form. Getting it from an individual he is also quite likely to have a base value allowance that he will not have to pay tax on. Singapore for example is something like $400. Anything under that no tax. Over then he pays tax on the difference. For 400 bucks he could send a dozen pairs of fins if he declared the value at a wholesale cost of say 20 bucks or so.

After much deliberation, including asking here for advice, I chose a set of Aqualung Shot FX fins. The spring straps are great and my husband/dive buddy has said, more than once, that seeing my white fins has clearly identified me to him while underwater.

Let me see now, fins for ladies...
183021_195005357184241_100000243334295_649493_2447577_n-590x440.jpg
Sorry ladies - I couldn't resist. ;-)

Hollis, so same as a lot of male technical divers.

If this is for a rental fleet....Get the most cost effective blades you can get....get them in different sizes, and get them with spring straps. Since they are for women, get some in pink.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom