What exposure suits are needed for these temperatures?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

5mm sound warm and nice, but then I guess it will be too warm at 30C (86F). The thing is that I only want to buy two suits, three is a bit too much if you ask me. I will probably do a lot of diving in 20C (68F) and below, so the dry suite will come in handy. I'm not sure if I will mainly dive in temperatures around 23-25C (73.4-77F) or 26-30C (78.8-86F). 3mm will probably be fine for 26-30C, but I feel a bit unsure about 23-25C. To be honest I don't really know what the temperatures are around the world, nor do I really know where I will be diving. Guess I can always rent a wet suite but that's not half as fun as owning one. Unsure if I should try to find a wet suite for waters around 23-25C or 26-30C. *scratching his head*

Ooops, I just noticed that I said what kind of hood I used, but not what kind of wetsuit. It's a 3mm jumpsuit. I think there is a good chance you would be OK in 23-25C water with a 3mm jumpsuit with a light hood and maybe a vest. You might also be able to do it with a drysuit and very light undergarments.

Guess i'll just have to give it a try with a 3mm wetsuite. If it's too cold I'll have to put on some more "clothes". Thanks for the feedback.

Back
Top Bottom