What else to do?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I thought there was someone who did a dirt bike trip accross the island but I cant find them now

I've been there twice, both times with the 'rents.

1st time we: Visited Kilauea - Epic and must-do
Mauna Loa Candy Factory - it was alright

2nd time we stayed for a few days and:
Mauna Loa visitors center (didn't go up the mountain - no 4wd), with some great hiking up there as well
Black Sand Beach - Evolution in progress, way cool
Turtle-finding all over the beaches near Hilo - They were everywhere!
Volcano Winery - a real Winery near Kilauea, lots of fun and great wine too!
Waterfall Tour - really pretty and fun. We just picked a bunch and rolled out to go find them. Great for shutterbugs (DSLR is a must!!)

There's plenty of other things, but I believe Kilauea, Mauna Loa, and the black sand beach are true must-dos. Runner up would be a waterfall tour, just because they are so pretty! I'm heading back to the big island soon to pay my respects to Pele one more time before I'm moved away, and also make it to the top of Mauna Loa (will probably ship the Jeep)

Peace,
Greg

I thought there was someone who did a dirt bike trip accross the island but I cant find them now

I know BMW sent a bunch of new Dual Sport motorcycles to the big island this year for reviews by the magazines, which featured them riding across the roads that had been busted up by previous lava flows. It sounded like a lot of fun.

Peace,
Greg

Surfing, hang gliding, horseback ridding, off roading (automobile, bike, motorcycle, 4-wheeler), rent a hot rod or a harley and circle the island, canoeing, kayaking, Capt. Zodiac adventure cruse, dolphin trips, turtles at Black Sand Beach.

Forot about Punalu'u and the Hawksbill turtles "taking a rest" on the beach. Way cool!

Back
Top Bottom