What else can you do at Coz if it rains whole day?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I was there for a week last month. Rain was forcast for 5 of the 6 dive days. Sure enough, we saw rain somewhere, sometime every one of those days. One day we even got sprinkle on just a bit. Don't worry about it.

Hey colder down
Where are you staying at? I just made reservations at Hotel Cozumel for this coming Saturday. I could not believe my luck. My job put my days off together and I talked my wife into going at the last minute. Orbits out of Houston for $488pp for airfare and hotel. This won't be my first trip to Cozumel. Most of the time rain passes quickly. Looking at the extended weather here in Houston it doesn't look like any big Northerns are coming through, so we sould be good.

Hey Colder Down...same thing happened to me last year. Then I got there and realized it always rains somewhere in the Yucatan Peninsula everyday. In any case we had some sunny diving, some cloudy diving and even one dive where it was raining like a mother when we came up. Guess what? It still looked blue and beautiful underwater. BTW topside stuff

Cool beaches on the East coast. Cool Mayan ruins to the North...take mosquito repellent..yeap...lots of mosquito repellent. There's a park in the South where you might see some gators. Shopping....tons of it everywhere but that depresses me just thinking about it.

What to do in Cozumel in the rain.....Dive, walk around town, take rain photos, go to the East side and sit on the beach, Dive, visit restaurants,see Sally for a massage, Dive, spend time in the Chedraui, go to a movie and the cinema, go to the museum, relax, Dive, Dive and Dive !!! My party of 7, which included a 1 year old, had rain everyday this past October. Not one day did we feel rained out....we always had something to do and made the best of the vacation. One of the bonuses was that it was a very relaxing trip. Sue Sue

Unless it's a tropical system the sparse daily rain won't slow you down and is often a welcome relief from the heat.

... must.... fight... impulse,,, must... keep... tongue... in... check... Nope, I just can't do it.

W.T.F. dude, are you afraid you're going to get wet? The frickin' boats will go out in the frickin' rain! I suggest you read the sticky at the top of this forum page.

:rofl3: Jeff you are cracking me up:rofl3:

No worries the weather reports as usually not accurate...plus you will be in paradise better than being at work....like I am....wanna trade:eyebrow:

NDH, I will be at Coral Princess. You get better deal than ours. We are from LA. Which dive shop will you use?

:rofl3: Jeff you are cracking me up:rofl3:

No worries the weather reports as usually not accurate...plus you will be in paradise better than being at work....like I am....wanna trade:eyebrow:

ABSOLUTELY!!
(Looks like we are both getting work done today!)

On a rainy day???

If you brought your significant other down with you, then...welll... you can take it from here...

You should also consider going diving...The fish and coral are already wet...

Visit the museum in town. It's very interesting.

Rent a vehicle and explore the eastern shore. Be sure to stop at Palancar Beach Club, say hello to Oscar in the dive shop and try their fish tacos...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom